AY(AA): JFK-MAD/BRU/LHR/CDG/AMS/etc, from $605 a/i, post-AUG travel

Subscribe
Fairly decent prices for post-August travel on finnair.com. 3-day min, although some routings may require an overnight in HEL on the return, effectively making it a 4-day min.

RLWECO - R fares give full EQM/elite bonus on AA (although I believe the AA site is in error when they list AY "R" as "Full Fare Economy Class", but, whatever.) And, routing through HEL picks up a few extra miles over a more-direct routing from other carriers; for example, the MAD route is 5950 miles!

Wide-open availability.

Sample pricing:

JFK-MAD, 17JAN-20JAN, $605
JFK-GVA, 17JAN-20JAN, $616
JFK-BUD, 17JAN-20JAN, $623
JFK-BRU, 17JAN-20JAN, $629
JFK-AMS, 17JAN-20JAN, $634
JFK-CDG, 17JAN-20JAN, $636

Slightly higher in Sept:

JFK-MAD, 07SEP-10SEP, $693
JFK-FCO, 06SEP-09SEP, $700
JFK-GVA, 04SEP-09SEP, $703
JFK-PRG, 06SEP-09SEP, $708
JFK-LHR, 06SEP-09SEP, $721
How is Finnair coach compared to AA int'l coach?
lets hope Star matches.
Quote: How is Finnair coach compared to AA int'l coach?
And does AY give free beer/wine?
Quote: And does AY give free beer/wine?
I struggle to think of any aligned European carriers that do not, TATL.
One World Emeralds are entitled to free use of the spa adjacent to the HEL non-Shengen lounge. Four different kinds of sauna/steam rooms, plus whirlpool. A range of paid treatments (massage, facials, mud baths, etc.) available, too. Especially nice before or after a coach flight. The lounge isn't remarkable in the way of refreshments but after an hour in the spa you won't care.
Quote: EXPs are entitled to free use of the spa adjacent to the HEL non-Shengen lounge. Four different kinds of sauna/steam rooms, plus whirlpool. A range of paid treatments (massage, facials, mud baths, etc.) available, too. Especially nice before or after a coach flight. The lounge isn't remarkable in the way of refreshments but after the spa you won't care.
Is it free? I've also heard reports of an admission charge, even for EXP.
Quote: Is it free? I've also heard reports of an admission charge, even for EXP.
I last used the spa at no charge in December. Oddly, I can't find it on the website; perhaps there has been a change. I hope not!
AY is not a great carrier but it's good compared to AA coach. I flew on it in October. Free liquor in coach. Service is good but nothing to write home about. The lounge in Helsinki is spectacular. Finnish design, very modern. Simply the best one I have seen so far. You could use the spa for $$$ if you are in coach--I was not One World status then so couldn't use it for free.
Any EXP should be able to get into the spa free regardless of class of service, otherwise it's 45€ (unless policy has changed).

I was once op-upped to business and very much appreciated the 180 lie-flat seats, though the cabin and the food felt a little spartan. The northern lands have a different concept of luxury. Actually, the food was downright weird, especially in coach. But HEL is a very civilized airport IME.
Spa closed permanently
Finnair Spa is closed permanently.
Quote: Finnair Spa is closed permanently.
Yeah, AY rep at HKG told me it was a big selling point for them... the loss of the SPA was not good
I've been looking at some similar BUD fares - also pricing in low $600s well through next year. The BUD fares have been around for about 2 months now, and haven't seen anyone match.
I've never been hungrier than on a transcontinental AY flight (ICN-HEL-TXL). Very little food and no snack service in the back. HEL is a lovely airport, though.
I agree lounge is beautiful, just used it last week, although premium alcohol has to be paid for, also food selection is limited to hot dogs and hot soup. I did fly business on intraeurope, food was more similar to AA's TATL coach.