Reload this Page >

AY(AA): JFK-MAD/BRU/LHR/CDG/AMS/etc, from $605 a/i, post-AUG travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY(AA): JFK-MAD/BRU/LHR/CDG/AMS/etc, from $605 a/i, post-AUG travel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client
This is an even better deal from the WC. LAX and SFO in play.

Example: SFO-ORD-HEL-MAD = 16,230 miles RT.

Sept/Oct from $905
Jan/Feb from $818
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Unhappy RIP

Originally Posted by finflyer
Finnair Spa is closed permanently.
too bad I enjoyed it few times
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: DL, AA, AV, AC
Originally Posted by RobbyBobby
too bad I enjoyed it few times
The company that went bankrupt was Air Finland, a charter airline not related to Finnair.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:57 pm

Out of Chicago it's exactly the same!

Originally Posted by vrbaba
How is Finnair coach compared to AA int'l coach?
There are similar fares on 'Finnair' out of Chicago running $50 -$100 higher but in the fine print the transatlantic segment says 'operated by American Airlines' so it is AA metal to Helsinki and then Finnair to your final destination. They are showing good fares to many non-hub destination cities which are usually pricier.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I am looking at ORD-DEL and while AY fares are good, there is an 11 hour connection in HEL.

Last edited by aktchi; Jul 3, 2012 at 5:36 am
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by aktchi
I am looking at ORD-DEL and while AY fairs are good, there is an 11 hour connection in HEL.
Beats eternity!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by skunker
Beats eternity! [11 hrs at HEL]
The incoming flight arrives in the morning. In the old days, I would have gone into town, but now visa fees have turned that into an expensive hassle. Had it been night time, one could try to sleep. They have even removed the Lounge spa. So, in the end, thanks but no thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: SK EBG *G
The incoming flight arrives in the morning. In the old days, I would have gone into town, but now visa fees have turned that into an expensive hassle. Had it been night time, one could try to sleep. They have even removed the Lounge spa. So, in the end, thanks but no thanks.
US citizens do not need a visa for visits shorter than 90 days (I guess aktchi's nationality is OT ).

If you for some reason do need a visa, then it is valid for all the Schengen countries which include the desintations in the OP's post

Last edited by mannen; Jul 3, 2012 at 6:26 am
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:46 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jaytmoore
This is an even better deal from the WC. LAX and SFO in play.

Example: SFO-ORD-HEL-MAD = 16,230 miles RT.

Sept/Oct from $905
Jan/Feb from $818
Outrageous pricing for a mileage run at 5.5 cpm, 11 cpeqm.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by mannen
US citizens do not need a visa for visits shorter than 90 days (don't know about aktchi's nationality but considering the ORD-DEL talk he might be Indian and in that case in need of a visa)...If you for some reason do need a visa, then it is valid for all the Schengen countries which include the desintations in the OP's post
Good guess! I have Indian passport and US green card. While I need a visa in many countries for a proper visit (>24 hours), but this kind of transit is often possible for free. I just haven't looked into it and must come forth with the truth: My main hesitation is that I am not a young student any longer and an 11 hour connection gives me a pause; OTOH if it is several hundred dollars cheaper, I could be tempted.

Here is an article on rising visa fees you may find interesting: http://www.vagabondjourney.com/trave...es-on-the-rise.

Last edited by aktchi; Jul 3, 2012 at 7:54 am
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Hoc
Outrageous pricing for a mileage run at 5.5 cpm, 11 cpeqm.
It's only outrageous if you do the math incorrectly; I'm currently seeing $926 for 16602 miles which is right at 5.6cpeqm/2.3cprdm.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Beats eternity!
I don't think you got the joke.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:11 am

I don't think you got the joke.
I did get the joke, and it was a good one. I just continued to brood about my choices and dilemma.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.