Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 7, 12, 3:17 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LAS
Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 53
UA: SFO to MCI, $228.80 ai, 3.54 CPM

Did not see this posted yet, but saw this posted by Darren at Frequently Flying - http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...ax-cle-mci-rt/

Mods, if this has been posted already, please excuse my mistake and delete my post. Thanks.

Last edited by TravelByPoints; Mar 7, 12 at 3:58 pm.
TravelByPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 12, 5:43 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 226
thanks for posting - was able to get a R/T 5/8-9

for $229! SFO-LAX-CLE-MCI-CLE-LAX-SFO

8118 MILES INCLUDING Silver bonus of 25%

.0282 cents per mile
uaflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 12, 8:40 am   #3
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LAS
Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 53
You are welcome. Glad it was useful to you. Wish they had not reduced bonus miles for Gold and Plat members. Luckily, I had some MRs in January and February before the conversion date, and still got the 100% credit. Happy travels.
TravelByPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 12, 11:43 pm   #4
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 171
Issue creating MR on UA.com

I am used to creating MR on PMUA.com but the new website appears to limit routing. I am currently trying to price out a RT sfo-cle-mci-cle-sfo in G and it will not allow me. I can put together the trip on Priceline but not on UA.com. I can also book on UA.com as 2 one ways but not the RT. I want to use a e-cert but I am unable to do so. Has anyone encountered anything like this on the website.

Last edited by SFO_Flyer; Mar 8, 12 at 11:55 pm.
SFO_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 12, 9:05 am   #5
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LAS
Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer View Post
I am used to creating MR on PMUA.com but the new website appears to limit routing. I am currently trying to price out a RT sfo-cle-mci-cle-sfo in G and it will not allow me. I can put together the trip on Priceline but not on UA.com. I can also book on UA.com as 2 one ways but not the RT. I want to use a e-cert but I am unable to do so. Has anyone encountered anything like this on the website.
When I priced out that itinerary on the new united.com with multi-city search, it worked out just as Darren posted - one segment at a time - 6 segments, exactly as they appeared in the original post. Pricing was correct, too.

I personally constructed a MR in mid-Feb and was unable to price it out anywhere. So I called UA tech support, and was able to get it priced and ticketed.
TravelByPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 12, 10:21 am   #6
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelByPoints View Post
When I priced out that itinerary on the new united.com with multi-city search, it worked out just as Darren posted - one segment at a time - 6 segments, exactly as they appeared in the original post. Pricing was correct, too.

I personally constructed a MR in mid-Feb and was unable to price it out anywhere. So I called UA tech support, and was able to get it priced and ticketed.
Thanks for your response. The problem I am getting is when I do it segment by segment it pulls up L fare and not the G fare for the first 2 segments. What was nice about the PMUA site was that the fare class was only selected (Displayed) once you completed selecting all the segments and it appears at the new united.com does it segment by segment. I just hope this is not always in the case in the future as the old site worked great.
SFO_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 12, 11:09 am   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LAS
Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer View Post
Thanks for your response. The problem I am getting is when I do it segment by segment it pulls up L fare and not the G fare for the first 2 segments. What was nice about the PMUA site was that the fare class was only selected (Displayed) once you completed selecting all the segments and it appears at the new united.com does it segment by segment. I just hope this is not always in the case in the future as the old site worked great.
I just tried building the same itinerary (May 8-9) using multi-city on the PMUA site, and it is still pricing correctly. I did not force any fare class. I think that the issue you might be having is if you tried using an OLD UA certificate (by entering it as a promo code on the search page), the search results will show up incorrectly (I tried a code yesterday for a trip I was playing around with) for some reason. However, if you have an OLD CO certificate (requiring a PIN, etc.), you should have no problem using it on the payment page, as long as all segments are on UA-operated flights.
TravelByPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 12, 5:13 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Programs: UA 1P
Posts: 902
I was able to price an SBA-LAX-CLE-MCI-CLE-SFO-SBA itinerary on ITA for 5/26-5/27 for $248.80, but can't get it to price at that on united.com. I can't make the trip that weekend anyway, so no matter I guess.

That's 6602 PQM with 500 mile minimums, 3.77cpm. Pretty hard to find a run that good outta SBA often.

Edit: I see lots of availability for similar routings on ITA in September and October for that price, but can't get anything to price right on united.com.

Last edited by penner42; Mar 11, 12 at 9:41 pm.
penner42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 12, 9:05 am   #9
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LAS
Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner42 View Post
I was able to price an SBA-LAX-CLE-MCI-CLE-SFO-SBA itinerary on ITA for 5/26-5/27 for $248.80, but can't get it to price at that on united.com. I can't make the trip that weekend anyway, so no matter I guess.

That's 6602 PQM with 500 mile minimums, 3.77cpm. Pretty hard to find a run that good outta SBA often.

Edit: I see lots of availability for similar routings on ITA in September and October for that price, but can't get anything to price right on united.com.
Try third party sites. If that does not work, try booking it with tech support, but you might have to pay the booking fee. If you live close to SBA, you can also do it at the airport.
TravelByPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 12, 10:56 am   #10
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Programs: UA 1P
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelByPoints View Post
Try third party sites. If that does not work, try booking it with tech support, but you might have to pay the booking fee. If you live close to SBA, you can also do it at the airport.
Thanks. I can now find them searching for two one-ways (SBA-SFO-CLE-MCI, and the reverse) on United.com. For some reason, putting in the whole itinerary comes up more expensive.
penner42 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 am.