Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012

Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

ANC-BRW is a solid value this week at 99+ OW- as part of AS' Club 49 deals.
You should be forced to deplane and spend a night there Wind chill is currently -42 degrees ... I wonder exactly how many people are on that flight...

That would be a hardcore MR...
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Thought I would post a fair price for SEA-SGN on UA/CO/some codeshare. $746+ low as 4.4 cpm. Availabilty, mostly in March. Can route thru HKG (slightly more) and LAX on CO.com. Act quick as its drying up. Books into K class.

Last edited by JetSetDave; Jan 6, 2012 at 8:25 am Reason: Added fare class
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:38 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by walterj
This is my first post.

I am more of searcher for discount fares to interesting places than your traditional searcher for miles. However, using miles, I was able to fly to Europe four years in a row with my family, so I do have some experience. I thought this was the one place on flyer talk to look for cheap fares, kind of dump for good fares that don't qualify for normal mileage runs.

For example, last year I took advantage of really cheap fares from the Midwest to Hawaii in September and really cheap fares to Europe in June. I also missed pricing errors to Europe last year, by hesitating just a few hours.

So this is my favorite place. So QBK, if not in this thread, where?
Welcome to Flyertalk, walterj! This is exactly the right place. My post (#15 above) is highly confusing now, because it got moved. I originally commented on the Santa Barbara Air fare when it was posted under MR Deals, suggesting that it belonged somewhere else. Now that the whole thread has been moved to the right place, my post has made itself irrelevant! Thus the Actually, several of the posts in that thread are sort of baffling in this context. Sorry about that. I'll update mine.

I'll update the post for posterity

Last edited by QBK; Jan 6, 2012 at 4:33 pm Reason: Dang iPad auto-correct does evil things to FT usernames...
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by walterj
This is my first post.

I am more of searcher for discount fares to interesting places than your traditional searcher for miles.
Nowhere really. But thank you for not creating your own thread (you'd get flamed if you did that ). If you need help finding cheap tickets you should check with a travel agent.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Orphan post

Originally Posted by denCSA
You only need read the horrific reviews online of Santa Barbara Airlines (SBA) to understand you never want to fly them. They really do belong in a very special, select club of airlines that have such low reliability and on-time statistics you will regret ever booking them, regardless of how cheap. Just saying.
Is this responding to a particular post? Regarding a fare on Santa Barbara Airlines? Maybe to Venezuela?? Please let us know when you post here as there are many many fares discussed.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC
*A sale to Poland ex-Canada ($100 ow)

AC/SN/LH: from YYZ/YOW/YHZ/etc to WAW/KRK/etc for $720ai and up

Looks like a KLM/AF match. The cpm is awful by US standards, but $100 fares don't come by that often ex-YYZ. Also, one stopover is allowed in Europe.

Some dates pop up for ~$650ai on ITA/Orbitz but are not bookable.

Deal ends January 10th
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by TelFunku
AC/SN/LH: from YYZ/YOW/YHZ/etc to WAW/KRK/etc for $720ai and up

Looks like a KLM/AF match. The cpm is awful by US standards, but $100 fares don't come by that often ex-YYZ. Also, one stopover is allowed in Europe.

Some dates pop up for ~$650ai on ITA/Orbitz but are not bookable.

Deal ends January 10th
$100 you mean base fare right?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:39 pm
QBK

Originally Posted by x1achilles
Originally Posted by denCSA
You only need read the horrific reviews online of Santa Barbara Airlines (SBA) to understand you never want to fly them. They really do belong in a very special, select club of airlines that have such low reliability and on-time statistics you will regret ever booking them, regardless of how cheap. Just saying.
Is this responding to a particular post? Regarding a fare on Santa Barbara Airlines? Maybe to Venezuela?? Please let us know when you post here as there are many many fares discussed.
It's not denCSA's fault. He/she was responding to post #8 in this thread, which was originally a new thread in MR Deals. After half a dozen posts, that thread got merged into this thread, resulting in a bunch of out-of-context (though not technically orphan) posts. And then more posts expressing or resolving confusion. We should probably all just ignore it now until it sinks into the depths in a few days .
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:43 pm
QBK

Originally Posted by CDKing
Nowhere really. But thank you for not creating your own thread (you'd get flamed if you did that ). If you need help finding cheap tickets you should check with a travel agent.
If this is an answer to walterj's "...if not in this thread, where?", I think the answer is "Absolutely in this thread," no? This is certainly a great place to look for great fares (e.g., as a lurker). Not a good place to ask for them, but nobody's committed that sin lately (certainly not walterj, since that was his/her first post!).
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
For those considering SGN, dont forget the cost of Visa
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:21 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
UA: IAD-SFO-BOS same day turn on Jan 14th [one way; 5.8cpm]

I use Egencia (Expedia Corporate) and i typed in a simple one way WAS-BOS on Jan 14th... and it spit out automatically an unusual IAD-SFO-BOS routing (it was a one way search, not multicity).... for only $289 total!

now i know 289 isnt the best deal in the universe, but pretty good considering the far flung connection from IAD-BOS via SFO.

hot damn, never seen Expedia's engine spit that out before! I'm doing it!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Wait is it IAD/SFO/BOS/SFO/IAD for 289 or just IAD/SFO/BOS
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Wait is it IAD/SFO/BOS/SFO/IAD for 289 or just IAD/SFO/BOS
OP mentions "it was one-way search"
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Saw that. Same day turn fooled me. It's not really a turn if it's a connection point.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
its 5.8 CPM. Nowhere close to a MR. More a Good deals fare. Its a open jaw trip. Although the $120++ each way BOS-SFO is not too bad at 5.2

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.