Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:25 pm

The A fares are gone, but at least C seems to still be on discount... well, at the former cheap A fare prices.

I checked a sample route LAX-PVG on AA in July - Business Class was selling for $3231 roundtrip, still significantly cheaper than "Instant Upgrade," which I think implies that there is a discount.

Still a good deal? Or do these "price wars" appear often?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, HYATT DIAMOND, AVIS CC, AA EXP
Originally Posted by zhang1896
Bought 4 round trip tickets for FLL-PVG/PEK via ORD/IAD from FEB - Nov, 2013, my home location is IAD. These 4 trips to China are all in Global F, with 150% PQM and 350% RDM as 1K. With around $12,000, I got 4 trips to China in Global First in 2013, 100,000 PQM to requalify 1K Next Year and over 200,000 RDM. On my original planned trip in Dec, they still ask for $13,000 for a mere 45000 PQM. What sweet deals they are, Thanks, FT!!! Thanks for the Fare war between these two air giants, UA and AA.....

These fares are still on until middle night tonight, you need to hurry for these fantastic deals!
Awesome!! Props to you
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I purchased FLL-IAD-ORD-PVG PVG-HKG-SFO-JFK/EWR-FLL, all on UA in A class except for PVG-HKG on KA, which is in I (business). $3200 and change. I'll spend another $320 to travel to/from FLL and then another $400 to/from PVG and BKK, but figure it's worth the extra time and money to ride in comfort. Thanks to bwiflyer01 for routing inspiration.
Is it possible to book such multiple city complex itineries on united.com? ITA was giving me interesting combinations via 2-3 US cities before reaching the Asian country and same on way back but when I tried to book it on united the site bombed saying, "no fares found". However, when I did a simple roundtrip search it popped up with 1-2 connections but not the routing choices I saw on ITA. Are people booking this through a travel agent or third party sites like Orbitz?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Montreal
Is it possible to book such multiple city complex itineries on united.com? ITA was giving me interesting combinations via 2-3 US cities before reaching the Asian country and same on way back but when I tried to book it on united the site bombed saying, "no fares found". However, when I did a simple roundtrip search it popped up with 1-2 connections but not the routing choices I saw on ITA. Are people booking this through a travel agent or third party sites like Orbitz?
I have had some success using the "Multiple Destinations" options to build a routing, if all else fails you have to call it in.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:10 pm

I see LAX-PVG is around 3100 but LAX-SGN is much more. Is there a way to get the LAX-PVG rate and then get a stopover in SGN. What are the rules for this and is this something that YMMV with the agent. Can I book this online or must I call in.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by flatseatlover
I see LAX-PVG is around 3100 but LAX-SGN is much more. Is there a way to get the LAX-PVG rate and then get a stopover in SGN. What are the rules for this and is this something that YMMV with the agent. Can I book this online or must I call in.

Thanks
I see that you can book another reservation for PVG-SGN for USD922 roundtrip on Cathay Pacific (AA oneworld alliance partner) in Business Class.

The fare above showed up all the way through August (at exactly the same price, at least from April which is the earliest month I tested), so it is safe to say that the fare is the same for the summer months.

I don't think this is a special deal like the AA one, but you can have all your flights for around $4000 in total.

And yes, everything I saw was for online booking.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: UA
Just out of curiosity--were these United A fares available as a one-way or just as RT? I know they aren't available anymore and I'm trying to make myself feel better for not investigating further when they were available--I'm currently looking for a positioning flight to Asia for a RGN return.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by DCA1983
Just out of curiosity--were these United A fares available as a one-way or just as RT? I know they aren't available anymore and I'm trying to make myself feel better for not investigating further when they were available--I'm currently looking for a positioning flight to Asia for a RGN return.
I am almost certain they were RT. I did not look at 1 way as they were such a good deal. (I grabbed 5 + 1 for the wife.)

The options were PVG and PEK (for the most part). Some got real creative and nailed a HKG by making the trip to PEK via HKG and the HKG had a layover. (Nice job!)

Fares were primarily out of FLL/MIA/DFW/LAX/SFO.

Cost was $3k +/-

Hope this answers your question.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:28 pm

It does, thanks. And puts my mind at ease that I couldn't have gotten a one way--since I'm not really in the market for a RT this year.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
It does, thanks. And puts my mind at ease that I couldn't have gotten a one way--since I'm not really in the market for a RT this year.
They were definitely RT only. I checked because I'm also in the market for a RGN positioning flight..
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by BookerNYC
They were definitely RT only. I checked because I'm also in the market for a RGN positioning flight..
Let me know what you find...I can get up to NYC to depart (I'm WAS based). Looking right now at a ~$800 W fare on UA to HKG then hanging there for a couple days, then down to RGN to get home. Hoping to do better than that, though.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Let me know what you find...I can get up to NYC to depart (I'm WAS based). Looking right now at a ~$800 W fare on UA to HKG then hanging there for a couple days, then down to RGN to get home. Hoping to do better than that, though.
For what it's worth, SQ has some very reasonable full-Y fares from the US to RGN. SFO-RGN is about $1200 one-way, and JFK-RGN is about $1500. No upgrades (unless you are a KrisFlyer member and use those miles, or transfer from Amex MR to get them), and not "cheap" by any means, but a pretty reasonable way to earn 1.5 EQM per mile flown if you need them.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Sykes
For what it's worth, SQ has some very reasonable full-Y fares from the US to RGN. SFO-RGN is about $1200 one-way, and JFK-RGN is about $1500. No upgrades (unless you are a KrisFlyer member and use those miles, or transfer from Amex MR to get them), and not "cheap" by any means, but a pretty reasonable way to earn 1.5 EQM per mile flown if you need them.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'd probably be more intrigued if it didn't cost 65K KrisFlyer miles for the one way SFO-RGN upgrade -- ouch!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sykes
Before we get back to the business of posting Premium Fare deals, .. you can upgrade SQ Y fares using Star Alliance upgrade awards.. not just KF miles.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by izzik
Before we get back to the business of posting Premium Fare deals, .. you can upgrade SQ Y fares using Star Alliance upgrade awards.. not just KF miles.
Exactly ... that's the whole purpose of the alliance!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.