Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Sign in using an external account

Closed Thread

Old Dec 13, 12, 5:47 pm   #2236

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Private Pilot, Virtuoso Travel Agent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
PUP booking into A on UA ??? Dates and routes please.
Dates are now through the end of the schedule (although I expect them to pull the fare once this p*****g match with AA costs them enough). Routing is virtually unrestricted provided that there is availability in A or P, US and TPAC travel is on UA metal, and intra-Asia is UA or NH metal. I just ticketed the following on Labor Day weekend for $3049.80 all-in:
Code:
 1 UA3450A 29AUG Q MIAORD*HK1   600A  823A
     OPERATED BY /SHUTTLE AMERICA DBA UNITED EXPRESS                 
 2 UA 835A 29AUG Q ORDPVG*HK1  1025A  155P  30AUG 
 3 UA 858A 03SEP T PVGSFO*HK1  1210P  805A
 4 UA 230A 03SEP T SFOIAH*HK1  1045A  440P
 5 UA1704A 03SEP T IAHMIA*HK1   700P 1035P
Old Dec 13, 12, 5:48 pm   #2237

AA on Itasoftware: slc-dfw-mco-mia-stt-mia-mco/stl-dfw-slc $689 all-in. I could swear it was $579 this morning, but did not have time to post. Must use the aa+ routing codes on ita for the fares to show-up.
Old Dec 13, 12, 6:08 pm   #2238
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, AF PE, BA Gold, HH Gold, MR Gold, some Amex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Dates are now through the end of the schedule (although I expect them to pull the fare once this p*****g match with AA costs them enough). Routing is virtually unrestricted provided that there is availability in A or P, US and TPAC travel is on UA metal, and intra-Asia is UA or NH metal. I just ticketed the following on Labor Day weekend for $3049.80 all-in:
Code:
 1 UA3450A 29AUG Q MIAORD*HK1   600A  823A
     OPERATED BY /SHUTTLE AMERICA DBA UNITED EXPRESS                 
 2 UA 835A 29AUG Q ORDPVG*HK1  1025A  155P  30AUG 
 3 UA 858A 03SEP T PVGSFO*HK1  1210P  805A
 4 UA 230A 03SEP T SFOIAH*HK1  1045A  440P
 5 UA1704A 03SEP T IAHMIA*HK1   700P 1035P
Thanks! This is a really nice fare!
Old Dec 13, 12, 7:03 pm   #2239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Apologies on this--you're kind of correct. This is a GREAT fare sale, so it's worth expanding on it a bit.

UA has P-up fares for first class from certain AA hubs (notably MIA and DFW) to China for as little as $3k all-in. Transpacific sector must be on UA metal, but you can have up to 1 stopover in each direction at $100, and you're allowed to travel inside of Asia on NH metal as well as UA. I was able to make stopovers in NRT and ICN to work, but had difficulty finding a routing that allows a stopover in HKG. The fare basis starts with "P", but these book into "A" for 250% RDM and 150% EQM on 3-class UA metal.

Similarly, AA has a first class fare sale from certain UA hubs (notably IAD and IAH) to China for $3k all-in as well. These book into "P", which is first on AA. AA allows TPAC on JL metal, and intra-Asia on CA/CZ/HU.
I noticed some options to NRT as well for a little more (starting @ ~$3150ai):
UA: SAN/DFW/BOS-NRT
AA: IAH/EWR-NRT
Old Dec 14, 12, 12:36 am   #2240
formerly known as seanthepilot

Those interested better buy quick.

THE BLOGGERS JUST POSTED THE FARE

I guess making a name and the prestige is more important than the spirit of FT.

1 thing for sure, FT isn't what it used to be...
Old Dec 14, 12, 1:04 am   #2241

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, TK Elite, CX Gold, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card, Argos Gift Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthepilot View Post

Even as someone who joined FT less than a year ago, I can't help but agree.

I've been a part of some great fares since joining FT. The best of these fares, however, are the ones that aren't openly discussed on the boards; as a result, these fares are still alive. I know people ruffle their feathers with indignation when people discuss fares in codes, or omit key information, but I genuinely think that's the reason some of these fares are still around.

The RGN fares offer a great example; people were snatching up these fares and then asking on the boards where RGN was, as one of their maps said Myanmar and another said Burma.

Someone I helped with a fare via PM returned the favour just the other day by pointing me to a very nice Asia-US-Asia premium fare, but they specifically asked me not to post on the boards until they'd finished booking their trip; an understandable concern.

I love FT, and I've benefitted from being a member; but I wonder how sustainable threads like this one are. I know that I make sure I've booked any fares I find before posting them here; and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does.
Old Dec 14, 12, 1:50 am   #2242
Moderator, All Nippon Airways

Programs: NH DIA+SFC (*G), JL SPH+JGC (OW SPH), HGP D, HH G
I just booked the UA fare BOS-NRT with TPAC segments on NH for about $3,500 AI. If there is A class availability on the UA codeshares, you should be able to get NH. If anyone would like more details please feel free to send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
I love FT, and I've benefitted from being a member; but I wonder how sustainable threads like this one are. I know that I make sure I've booked any fares I find before posting them here; and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does.
Sadly, I'm forced to agree as well. Although this thread does have quite a bit of utility, the duration that these fares last has been declining due to increased exposure.

That being said, there doesn't seem to be any kind of viable competitor medium on which to share these kinds of fares (if there is, I'm all ears!)
Old Dec 14, 12, 3:22 am   #2243

Programs: RA TCG *M&MG BDG GCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Even as someone who joined FT less than a year ago.....I've been a part of some great fares since joining FT.

I love FT, and I've benefitted from being a member; but I wonder how sustainable threads like this one are.

You acknowledge the benefits you have gained from FT in less than a year. I'm sure you wouldn't like to deny to new members the sort of access to information you enoyed in your early days on FT.

I'd suggest that if anything threatens the sustainability of this thread it will be the extreme self interest that leads members to form spin off groups of cognoscenti.

Most deals are ephemeral things. They'll come and go, some more quickly than others, blogs or no blogs.
Old Dec 14, 12, 3:29 am   #2244
G*G

Appreciate the comments posted - but can we please stick with using this thread to post Good Deal Premium Fares and keep the discussion going elsewhere?

Moderators - perhaps a split separate thread? Feel free to delete this post.
Old Dec 14, 12, 4:04 am   #2245

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, TK Elite, CX Gold, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card, Argos Gift Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
You acknowledge the benefits you have gained from FT in less than a year. I'm sure you wouldn't like to deny to new members the sort of access to information you enoyed in your early days on FT.

I'd suggest that if anything threatens the sustainability of this thread it will be the extreme self interest that leads members to form spin off groups of cognoscenti.

Most deals are ephemeral things. They'll come and go, some more quickly than others, blogs or no blogs.
I've gained loads from FT, but even on this thread I've had my wrist slapped via PM after mentioning fares which people are keen to preserve. I can understand people deciding to keep things to themselves when faced with that kind of backlash.

Annnnnnnyway, back to the fares. EK seem to have started trying to match the QR fares I mentioned upthread. LON-MEL is 2,917 for dates until June 2013. A little higher than QR, but can include A380 travel, so worth considering.

KUL/BKK/HKG are also available from LHR for around the 1,800 mark.

Nothing to set the world on fire, but those are the best fares to KUL I've seen from EK for a while.
Old Dec 14, 12, 6:32 am   #2246

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Barcelona/Madrid=>Tokyo in February around 2100-2300 eur, in several carriers including Aeroflot, British Airways, Air France, Swiss. Found in Kayak, so nothing special. I guess it also applies to other origins.
Old Dec 14, 12, 6:53 am   #2247

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthepilot View Post

LOL, are you surprised? Bloggers stealing content from FT? Shocking! It never happens around here!

Anyway, here is a summary of cities to PEK/PVG that I'm seeing it from. Blogger-friendly list.

UA: MIA, FLL, DFW, STL
AA: WAS, HOU

Last edited by izzik; Dec 14, 12 at 7:09 am..
Old Dec 14, 12, 7:56 am   #2248

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzik View Post
looks like it may have been a mi$t@ke that was fixed.
FT = Where Fares Go to Die. Alas.

F is still available for that price from other cities. I suggest playing with ITA
And searching different ticket-sellers as well.

I just had an experience where ITA gave me a perfectly straightforward intra-Europe multi-segment all on IB for about USD600; I went to iberia.com, whose best offer was for different flights for about $1700. aa.com wouldn't admit to the routing at all, despite the "include OneWorld" checkbox, and ba.com was even worse about it.

Fortunately Orbitz had no problem selling me the ticket, and there are other even more capable sellers, from what I read hereabouts.
Old Dec 14, 12, 2:10 pm   #2249

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Glad the bloggers posted this! I just got UA dew-iah-lax-pvg-ord-dfw for $3045 in Global First. Excited that the iah-lax is on a 787 assuming the schedule sticks.
Old Dec 14, 12, 3:27 pm   #2250
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club/Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
thanks 4 tickets bought MIA-PVG WOW all under $3000. On UA what does P fare get for miles?

Closed Thread