Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Need Hotel info for Minneapolis

Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

I'm traveling to Alaska and will be gone 12 days. Does anyone know of a cheap hotel that will let you store your car there for free and has a free shuttle to the airport? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Darwin
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
The Minneapolis Airport Marriott offers up to 2 weeks of free parking, and a complimentary shuttle to the airport.^
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Since this isn't entirely WorldPerks related, moving to the Midwest forum which includes Minneapolis...

slippahs
nwa forum co-moderator
Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:04 pm

I'm guessing from your question that you need to spend the night in a hotel?

But for others who don't necessarily need the hotel: I've had good experiences with Park N Fly, which charges $9/day with AAA ($10 without)plus every 7th day is free, so you might want to do the math on how that compares to a hotel night.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The Hilton also has a "stay and park" deal. Nice hotel, BTW.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Choice, Avis, Hertz
I recommend the La Quinta on American Blvd. in Bloomington. You should be able to get a room there for less than $100 and the shuttle is about 10 minutes to the airport. I know they do some Park and Fly but I'm not exactly sure about the rates and terms. The hotel has been recently renovated and is probably my favorite LQ in the country. Do NOT stay at the other LQ in Bloomington on Nicollet.

Now it is no FS Marriott or Hilton.. but the Marriott will probably be nearly $180 a night IME, and that's not cheap in my book.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.