Reload this Page >

Seats/Table available at Next

Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt

Hi,

I have a four-top for the Bistro Menu at Next on 1 April (no pairings, but those can be upgraded on site) and I'm willing to consider offers for it.

Thanks,
Ja
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:20 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
What time is your reservation?

Given that the system currently shows 15 tables available that night (two-tops and four-tops) with a per person price of $90 to $120, I presume you're prepared to sell it for a loss. I've been in your spot and I know how frustrating it can be. I hope you find someone who's willing to pay close to asking price, but if you strike out, I'd pay $200 (all inclusive) for it assuming it's 8:30pm or earlier. A low-ball offer, I know, but I dropped my subscription because I found the prices to be unjustifiable.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Hi,

It's a late reservation--10:15. I am willing to take a loss, face value was $425 including tax and tip (which was a per person price of $80 per head).

Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by jabrams72
Hi,

It's a late reservation--10:15. I am willing to take a loss, face value was $425 including tax and tip (which was a per person price of $80 per head).

Thanks.
Too late for me. I have to start that day at about 5:30 am. Good luck!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is one of the main reasons I didn't renew my subscription this year. It would be fine if these were easy to sell when plans change (as they were our first year of our subscription), but it's pretty clear that they are not. Good luck, OP!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by rjque
This is one of the main reasons I didn't renew my subscription this year. It would be fine if these were easy to sell when plans change (as they were our first year of our subscription), but it's pretty clear that they are not. Good luck, OP!
Same here. Nothing like giving Next an interest-free loan in December only to discover a week before your dinner they're selling tickets at the same day/time as your reservation for less than you paid. Way to piss off your best customers...

I wouldn't be surprised if the restaurant closes at the end of this season. They're showing six tables available for tomorrow night, (closed Monday and Tuesday) and 16 available tables for Wednesday night, 9 for Thursday, 10 for Friday. Tickets are on sale through April 30 and many tables are available on ever single night. In contrast, Girl & the Goat's next available table is April 1, Grace has weekday tables available but doesn't show a single weekend available through mid-May, etc., etc. (I was searching for tables for 2 at both GATG and Grace.)
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Interest-free loan, yes, but the tickets are the same price/more expensive.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by jabrams72
Interest-free loan, yes, but the tickets are the same price/more expensive.
Are you saying the tickets are more expensive if you don't buy the subscription? I don't think you're right. There are no 10:15 4-tops available for April 1, but the following Wednesday has a 10:15pm 4-top for $80 a person, which is what you've paid. I had at least one occasion last year when Next was advertising tickets for the same date/time as my subscription, but charging less than I paid.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Where does one go to purchase a resale ticket?
Old May 28, 2015, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Where does one go to purchase a resale ticket?
Check out the Next Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Next-...229862?fref=nf
See:
I can't make my reservation. Can you sell my ticket as one of your Same Night Tables on Facebook?
No. You are welcome to post your tickets on our Facebook page, where many guests look to buy, sell, or trade their tickets. All resales are the responsibility of the ticket purchaser.

Can I give my ticket away or sell it?
Yes. The ticket is completely transferable. However, selling tickets for greater than face value may be illegal in your area. Anyone who purchases a ticket from another patron should take care to be sure that the beverage pairing options are as claimed by requesting both an email confirmation from us as well as a printed ticket from the seller. Any tickets purchased on the secondary market are at the purchaser's risk. We will not be held responsible for forgeries or misrepresentations. Tickets are transferable, but we strongly encourage anyone considering buying tickets to Next from any other source to refrain from doing so without confirmation from us.

With nearly 20,000 people eager to buy tickets, we recognize that some people may try to resell tickets. Therefore we have capped sales for every user at 3 tables. Anyone purporting to have more tickets to sell is likely unscrupulous.

The transfer tool is located on the Manage Account page at the bottom of the Tickets section.
https://www.nextrestaurant.com/website/resales
Old May 29, 2015, 11:07 am

You don't have to buy a resale ticket unless you're specifically looking for a deal. Right now, for example, tickets are available every night that Next is open for the next two weeks.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Right, but I don't know WHERE to BUY one. The resale tool is for people with tickets who are transferring them to the new buyer. However, I need to figure out where to purchase them in the first place. I've seen posts on chowhound, craigslist, facebook, etc., but it's very random.
Old May 31, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Right, but I don't know WHERE to BUY one. The resale tool is for people with tickets who are transferring them to the new buyer. However, I need to figure out where to purchase them in the first place. I've seen posts on chowhound, craigslist, facebook, etc., but it's very random.
People post them for sale on the Next Facebook page. Of course it is going to be random as it will of course depend upon a person with a subscription deciding they aren't going to use their tickets and deciding to resell them. Check out the first Q and A of my post and then check facebook and then keep checking if you want resale. Or as pointed out by chgoeditor, Next ticket availability offered directly on the website is a lot more consistent than it used to be.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next rolled out their new ticketing system Tock yesterday:
https://next.tocktix.com/#/home

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.