Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Flying Nonstop from Milwaukee to a Beach?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know where I can fly nonstop from Milwaukee to anywhere warm in January? The only nonstop I can find is on Funjet to Cancun.

Does anyone fly direct from Milwaukee to the Carribean? Trying to plan a hassle free quick 4 day getaway in January and I don't want to waste an entire day flying and I'd prefer not to leave from Ohare!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:21 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hello tsmcarr, welcome to Flyertalk^

I can't answer your question about MKE, but unless you are north of MKE, ORD (O'hare) and RFD (Rockford, IL) might be options for you to consider as there are direct to beach flights.

wish you luck in your search, there are 13 airlines that service MKE http://www.mitchellairport.com/ I would hope one of them would have a flight you are looking for.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by tsmcarr
Does anyone know where I can fly nonstop from Milwaukee to anywhere warm in January? The only nonstop I can find is on Funjet to Cancun.

Does anyone fly direct from Milwaukee to the Carribean? Trying to plan a hassle free quick 4 day getaway in January and I don't want to waste an entire day flying and I'd prefer not to leave from Ohare!
Frontier and Northwest both fly non-stop from MKE to Cancun. However, I think both offer Saturday only-flights in January, so you would need a stopover either coming or going.

If you simply want to fly non-stop to a warm beach, there are plenty of daily non-stop options to Florida from MKE on Midwest and Air Tran.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AA AAdvantage
You can Google the MKE wiki page to see a list of nonstop options. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from MKE to the Caribbean. Your nonstop options to a beach destination are limited to Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, and Los Angeles.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
What.. Lake Michigan's beaches not good enough for ya?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 2:04 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AA AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
What.. Lake Michigan's beaches not good enough for ya?
Lake Michigan beaches in January?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 1:27 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Apple vacations offers nonstop flight from MKE to the Dominican Republic, and other charter companies over nonstop flights to the Caribbean. I'd call a travel agent for help with more options.

Keep in mind that your limit of a 4 day get away is going to limit you quite a bit since there is no daily service to any beach destinations further south than Florida.

My suggestion, NW nonstop to CUN on their weekly nonstop, with a connection in MSP on the way back.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
tsmcarr, welcome to Flyertalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.