Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Chicago Michelin Restaurants

Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyone have a favorite Michelin rated restaurant in Chicago?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:25 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Terminator8
The list contains several of my favs. Are you looking at any particular type of cuisine, experience, price point or neighborhood?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
The list contains several of my favs. Are you looking at any particular type of cuisine, experience, price point or neighborhood?
Not particularly, I love all kinds of food, hoods, and price ranges. Just wanted to see which ones people have had the best experience at (NOT including Alinea as that one is already world famous).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:09 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Not particularly, I love all kinds of food, hoods, and price ranges. Just wanted to see which ones people have had the best experience at (NOT including Alinea as that one is already world famous).
I've been to at least half of them. Where will you have the "best" experience? Tough to say. I'd say that my most memorable experiences over the years have been at Alinea, El Ideas, Elizabeth and Schwa, but that said, Schwa is probably the one entrant on the list where you're more likely than any other to have a bad experience.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I've been to at least half of them. Where will you have the "best" experience? Tough to say. I'd say that my most memorable experiences over the years have been at Alinea, El Ideas, Elizabeth and Schwa, but that said, Schwa is probably the one entrant on the list where you're more likely than any other to have a bad experience.
Schwa, IMO, is the most likely to be unpredictable in terms of service or sometimes if it's even open. I think if I were coming from out of town, it's the one I'd avoid, just in case. I've never heard a complaint about the food however.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Our December meal (tasting menu) at Boka was definitely worthy of two stars, even though it only has one. Right next door to Alinea.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Glad I came across this thread. I have always wanted to do Alinea (and hopefully I can) when I visit, but Boka sounds fantastic and it's a huge bonus it is very affordable!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:32 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
recent meal (Mid Dec 2016) at Boka

Amuse bouche of smoked eel, pickled garlic, on nori chip

Mrs Willie and I then split a couple of starters:
Roasted Spanish Octopus which had been poached in olive oil first, served with fennel, persimmon, nori and a fennel/onion jam.

then:
Alba White Truffles w/tagliolini & parmesan, not much to say, delicious.

Main course was the Whole Roasted Dry Aged Duck (for two), served with a side salad of house made foie gras sausage & frisee and roasted squash with macadamia nuts. Best duck I've had in years.

Boka
http://www.bokachicago.com/
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:15 pm

Took out-of-town guests to Blackbird a few weeks ago and it was a great experience. Only downside is that it is a small space so need to have reservations in advance.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:18 pm

Yes, I do...

Sepia. I also like Blackbird. Skip Acadia.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Duseks and GreenRiver

Recently visited Dusek's and GreenRiver, which are new one star additions and on the more affordable end of the spectrum. We enjoyed them both. Dusek's has that beer hall vibe. GreenRiver is a bit more refined atmosphere.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lpatron
Took out-of-town guests to Blackbird a few weeks ago and it was a great experience. Only downside is that it is a small space so need to have reservations in advance.
Originally Posted by mlhall
Sepia. I also like Blackbird. Skip Acadia.
We had another great meal at Blackbird this past weekend. In my opinion, it just keeps getting better and better. We had the 10 course tasting and there wasn't a single course that didn't wow us. It seems like at most dinners there's one course where we go "meh", but not on the current Blackbird menu. For visitors, the closeness to city center doesn't hurt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.