Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
36 Hours in Minneapolis - NYT

Link to article:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ttom-well&_r=0
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:38 pm

I don't necessarily disagree with the items in this article (some I like more than others, there are some that I'd add) but the biggest "mistake" is in logistics. The Mill City Farmer's market is literally right next door to the Guthrie Theater and to Spoonriver, and its adjacent on the river. It's nowhere near Fika, Lake Harriet or any of the the other items on the NTY version of a Saturday itinerary.

If you were going to follow this agenda, I'd recommend changing Saturday's itinerary to do the Farmer's Market and the River Walk in the morning, SpoonRiver for Lunch, and a Guthrie visit in the early afternoon. Except for a handful of times each year, the Guthrie has Saturday matinees, or you can just walk through the building (it's interesting in its own right).

I don't see anything on the NYT's Saturday itinerary that couldn't be moved to Friday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.