Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concourse A to C in STL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Concourse A to C in STL

im flying from SFO to STL on united and connecting to Cape Air to UIN in Quincy and i have never had to switch Concourses that are not connected now my question is will i have to go through security or is it possible for a shuttle to take me bypassing security to get to C?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:52 pm

They are on in the same sterile area -- you can get from your inbound flight over to Cape Air without leaving security.

I think that United will check a bag through on Cape to UIN (if you've checked a bag) for you, but of course find that out before you leave. If you have to retrieve your bag as the carousel and re-check your bag, of course you'd need to leave security to do that.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by knope2001
They are on in the same sterile area -- you can get from your inbound flight over to Cape Air without leaving security.

I think that United will check a bag through on Cape to UIN (if you've checked a bag) for you, but of course find that out before you leave. If you have to retrieve your bag as the carousel and re-check your bag, of course you'd need to leave security to do that.
I checked on the UA website and they sell 9K tickets connecting at STL to UIN (at least from ORD). Since UA has an interline agreement with 9K, they should check any bags. The only possible issue I could see is if the 9K equipment has any baggage limitations.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:53 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Concourses A & C are NOT in the same sterile area in STL.

However, Cape Air does offer a van shuttle service which will take you from A to C without having to leave security. There are signs on the concourse which direct you to call a certain number to be picked up.

Greg
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA (Silver), WN
STL Concourse A to C

GregL is correct. If you plan to walk from St. Louis' concourse A to C you will leave the security sterile area, and you must go to TSA Security at Concourse C once more. If your time permits, the walk is well worth it and takes a leisurly 30 minutes discounting TSA check-in lines. But there are a lot of things to see. For instance, a replica model aircraft of Charles Lindberg's transatlantic flight, a very extensive mural of the progress of the US Air Force, many shops, restaurants and bars, plus the opportunity to stretch your legs. I would go for it and walk! ^
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:09 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Menko
If your time permits, the walk is well worth it and takes a leisurly 30 minutes discounting TSA check-in lines.
30 minutes? You could crawl from Concourse A to Concourse C in less than 30 minutes!

The walk from the far end of the A concourse (where UA's gates are) to the C security checkpoint takes no more than 10 minutes at a normal walking pace.

Greg
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by GregL
Apologies for incorrect information -- how long ago did this change? I could swear there was a connector that still existed the last time I was in STL.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:42 pm

Apologies for incorrect information -- how long ago did this change? I could swear there was a connector that still existed the last time I was in STL.
There has never been a sterile connection between A & C.

There WAS a sterile connection between B & C that was built in the mid to late 90s which alleviated the need to reclear security on some TWA connecting flights. The B concourse has been closed (except immediately following the 2011 tornado) since AA downsized TWA's operations shortly after they bought them.

Greg
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:57 pm

There has never been a sterile connection between A & C.

There WAS a sterile connection between B & C that was built in the mid to late 90s which alleviated the need to reclear security on some TWA connecting flights. The B concourse has been closed (except immediately following the 2011 tornado) since AA downsized TWA's operations shortly after they bought them.

Greg
Ugh...of course...I'm confusing A and B. Thanks for the explanation, and again sorry for the bad information.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Menko
GregL is correct. If you plan to walk from St. Louis' concourse A to C you will leave the security sterile area, and you must go to TSA Security at Concourse C once more. If your time permits, the walk is well worth it and takes a leisurly 30 minutes discounting TSA check-in lines. But there are a lot of things to see. For instance, a replica model aircraft of Charles Lindberg's transatlantic flight, a very extensive mural of the progress of the US Air Force, many shops, restaurants and bars, plus the opportunity to stretch your legs. I would go for it and walk! ^
i been to STL plenty of times i just never experienced switching concourses
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I checked on the UA website and they sell 9K tickets connecting at STL to UIN (at least from ORD). Since UA has an interline agreement with 9K, they should check any bags. The only possible issue I could see is if the 9K equipment has any baggage limitations.

im coming from SFO tickets were under $600
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Kane5112
im coming from SFO tickets were under $600
Was the entire trip SFO-UIN purchased as a trip with United? If so they will check your bags through to your destination. I have no idea about checking in/boarding passes with Cape Air. Someone who has done this at STL needs to jump in as I have no idea what the procedure is to go from UA to Cape Air at STL.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Was the entire trip SFO-UIN purchased as a trip with United? If so they will check your bags through to your destination. I have no idea about checking in/boarding passes with Cape Air. Someone who has done this at STL needs to jump in as I have no idea what the procedure is to go from UA to Cape Air at STL.
it was done with Travelocity and im on the final Cape Air flight Wednesday
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents

However, Cape Air does offer a van shuttle service which will take you from A to C without having to leave security. There are signs on the concourse which direct you to call a certain number to be picked up.

Greg
The Phone is @ A17 to call for the Cape Air shuttle. They drop you right at the Cape Air gate C7.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
If your bags are checked all the way through at the start, they will transfer. Carry-on will be weighed and tagged when you check in @ Cape Air, and that is where you will get your BP. I have seen them bump people because the plane was too heavy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.