Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OneJet -- new airline IND-MKE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:14 am
Original Poster

OneJet -- new airline IND-MKE

OneJet will launch once-daily IND-MKE-IND service on April 6th using a business jet. It's technically a scheduled charter though it will operate from the main terminals and tickets are sold on GDS platforms like Expedia, BCD, Amex travel, Travelocity, etc.

The flights will operate Monday-Thursday and are designed for Indy-originating travel to Milwaukee -- northbound is at 8:15am and southbound is at 5:15pm. Apparently the lane will remain in Milwaukee during the day, which is not unusual for a charter-style operation.

More details about them and their plans below. They see a niche, and if things go well they have so serious ambition. It's an interesting concept.

http://www.onejet.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmQgwA_OqeU
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:21 pm

This is good news I wonder what aircraft they'd be flying. But didn't AirTran and Midwest Connect serve nonstops on MKE-IND back then?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by MKEflyer95
This is good news I wonder what aircraft they'd be flying. But didn't AirTran and Midwest Connect serve nonstops on MKE-IND back then?
I know YX did, and I miss that. Flying to IND on Monday -- UA there (ORD) and DL back (DTW).
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

MKE-IND had nonstop flights for about 40 years until it ended in 2012...first by DC9's (Ozark and later USAir) and then with a flock of 19-34 seat props. I believe it peaked at 14x/day in 1994. With regional jets it was a busy route for Midwest/Frontier and also AirTran RJ's, but with the demise of those hubs pretty much all MKE's regional flying is gone. That's unfortunately but it's something seen all over the country outside of the remaining mega hubs.

OneJet seemingly got a lot more publicity in Milwaukee than in Indy when I look at online information. Considering that the initial schedule is completely designed for Indy-originating passenger hopefully that's not a bad sign.

For MKE travelers who go the night before to be at the client first thing in the morning we could still use OneJet on the way down. But most likely the return would need to be on somebody else. I'm definitely hopeful they add a flight for MKE traffic as well.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knope2001
OneJet seemingly got a lot more publicity in Milwaukee than in Indy when I look at online information. Considering that the initial schedule is completely designed for Indy-originating passenger hopefully that's not a bad sign.
No love from the Indianapolis International Airport yet, either. MKE had parts of the website updated the day it was announced including the OneJet logo, and they tweeted about it same-day as well. Nothing on or from IND as of yet. I get that some things might not be finalized and/or public (like which specific MKE gate and ticket counter (if any). But Indy is where the passengers mostly need to come from based on the OneJet schedule, so they need to get the word out.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
No love from the Indianapolis International Airport yet, either. MKE had parts of the website updated the day it was announced including the OneJet logo, and they tweeted about it same-day as well. Nothing on or from IND as of yet. I get that some things might not be finalized and/or public (like which specific MKE gate and ticket counter (if any). But Indy is where the passengers mostly need to come from based on the OneJet schedule, so they need to get the word out.
I can guarantee OneJet will operate out of one of the lower level gates in D. Probably on the far south side of the expansion wing.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Their website needs some serious work. No mention anywhere of the flight schedule. And that video? Sheesh, do we really want to watch 3 minutes of talking heads and generic airport B-roll? Show us the bloody plane, mates!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:42 am

Additional service...

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/tra...s/201504240252
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:51 am

I could bet some other routes on this airline can kick in from MKE sometime soon as well
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: US Silver, OW Ruby
I've been looking to book one of OneJet's flights ex-PIT, but I can't seem to figure out where to book it. I've tried using expedia, but it doesn't show up in the results. Has anyone taken it before? Do I actually have to call up a travel agent?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by usAir
I've been looking to book one of OneJet's flights ex-PIT, but I can't seem to figure out where to book it. I've tried using expedia, but it doesn't show up in the results. Has anyone taken it before? Do I actually have to call up a travel agent?
Expedia has them plus some corporate travel sites, and I think Travelocity does as well. I don't think you can book over the phone.

Three potential issues with your booking come to mind:
1. Sold out flight(s)
2. Booking too far in advance...not sure how far their window is open but it wouldn't surprise me if they only push several weeks out at a time
3. They don't fly on Friday/Saturday/Sunday

To help diagnose what the issue might be, try searching each direction separately. Also note that they won't sell you PIT-MEM...you'd have to book separate PIT-IND and IND-MEM tickets.

A friend's parent flew them a few weeks back, and then a work friend of mine flew them about 10 days ago. I've only heard really positive things about them so far.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: US Silver, OW Ruby
I know I'm bringing this up from the dead, but I've been looking into booking them again, however, I still haven't figured out how to do it. I've used Expedia, and tried each separate segment (both one way and return). Has anyone had any success? Screenshots of how to do it?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by usAir
I know I'm bringing this up from the dead, but I've been looking into booking them again, however, I still haven't figured out how to do it. I've used Expedia, and tried each separate segment (both one way and return). Has anyone had any success? Screenshots of how to do it?
I was able to get PIT-MKE flights for next week to show up on Expedia. I don't see any PIT-IND flights.

Update:

I do see PIT-IND flights. It appears that they only fly a couple of days a week (I saw it on Expedia on Mondays).

Last edited by cheltzel; Sep 18, 2015 at 8:09 am
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Niche routes are good for business. This is clearly aimed at IND-MKE O&D traffic for quick turn trips (no checked luggage, relatively high fare). Downside, of course, is that IRROPS means you are SOL.

Not sure there's an overnight market the other way, departing at 5:15 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I found the following website that has their route map and schedule. It is maintained by a third party so I cannot attest as to its accuracy.

http://mytraveltools.com/2015/05/one...map-timetable/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.