Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
IND Tuesday, delay expectation?

I'm scheduled to return home (IND) as follows:

Mon, 3/2, 10pm, LAX-MIA, arr 5:30am
Tue, 3/3, 7:30am, MIA-IND, arr 10:30am

Right now wunderground.com says Tue is at times 100% chance of precipitation with ice pillets. I seem to recall ice is the #1 enemy of flight operation. Is this as bad as it sounds, that I am likely to be stuck at MIA for days if I stick to this itin?

Last winter I was stuck in Houston for an entire week during the ice event. If this is anywhere near that bad...

Last edited by italdesign; Mar 1, 2015 at 9:05 am
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Don't know for sure but with such an early departure from MIA that plane might be there from the night before. So I would think you are in decent shape.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Don't know for sure but with such an early departure from MIA that plane might be there from the night before. So I would think you are in decent shape.
I'm more concerned about the condition in IND. It doesn't matter if MIA is good to go, if IND can't receive. The ice makes me nervous..
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Arrived home on time. The freezing rain was thankfully offset by the above-freezing temperature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.