Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP - How Early to Arrive?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:36 am
Original Poster

MSP - How Early to Arrive?

I'm flying out of MSP terminal 1 at 5 am in November on a Wednesday. It's not the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We're flying US to CLT and then on to CUN. How early do we need to arrive at the airport? I've searched and I keep finding articles saying how bad security backs up there. I haven't flown out of there since 1999.

Edit: We will be checking a bag too.

Last edited by spd476; Oct 27, 2014 at 10:14 am
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta, AA, United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott
I would expect a line wait for TSA of about 12 minutes at that time of day. I would use checkpoint 2 which is nearest the US Air counter, as that will get you closer to your gate without walking. Check you boarding pass for the every so often random TSA Pre and use checkpoint 4 if you get it.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Because you haven't flown out of there recently, I recommend a padded schedule.

I would allow 20 minutes to check a bag, 20 to get through security, 20 to get to the gate and you need to be at the gate about 20 minutes before the plane leaves (because of boarding time)..... plus you may want to make a bathroom stop

Bob H.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.