Wiki Posts
Search

Manhattan, KS On Game Day

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Manhattan, KS On Game Day

Any suggestions on what do do pre-game for a K-State game? A few of us Auburn folks are headed to Manhattan and are aiming to get into town around noon for a 6:30pm kick off. Any specific traditions/foods/bars to try out while visiting? Even something to see between MCI and Campus?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:50 pm

I would head down to Aggieville. There are numerous bars and restaurants all located in about a 3-4 block area.

Rusty's Last Chance is biggest bar in the area. Some people love it. Me personally, I dislike it. I would prefer Tubby's Sports Bar or Kites on a Gameday.

Are you planning on tailgating? I would recommend it. I went to Auburn when K-State play'd there a few years ago and enjoy'd mixing in with all the Auburn fans, even if I had to hear War Eagle one to many times.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Originally Posted by daw4888
I would head down to Aggieville. There are numerous bars and restaurants all located in about a 3-4 block area.

Rusty's Last Chance is biggest bar in the area. Some people love it. Me personally, I dislike it. I would prefer Tubby's Sports Bar or Kites on a Gameday.

Are you planning on tailgating? I would recommend it. I went to Auburn when K-State play'd there a few years ago and enjoy'd mixing in with all the Auburn fans, even if I had to hear War Eagle one to many times.
We plan on tailgating for a bit, but as its just going to be 3, maybe even 2 of us, we might just bring a cooler and try to make friends Met some very nice K-State people down on the Plains a few years ago.

But also wanted to check out some local bars as well, thanks for the suggestions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.