Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Help Needed - STL sports spectacular weekend (April 11-13)

Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

I'm flying back to the STL the weekend of April 11 for my <censored>th college reunion.

It just so happens that it will also be an amazing weekend of sports. Cubs/Cards all weekend, and Blues/Red Wings on 4/13. I booked my return flight so that I can attend the Blues game before flying back to DEN (thank goodness for Metrolink so I don't have to drive myself ).

I'm looking for 3-4 tickets to Friday night's Cards game and/or Saturday afternoon's Cards game. I'm also looking for 3-4 tickets to Sunday afternoon's Blues game. My alumni organization does have tickets for Friday night, but I imagine they will be in the nose-bleed section. Looking for something a little bit closer. Target price is $100/ticket or less.

If you, or anyone you know, has spare tickets, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Go Cards. Go Blues.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Mar 7, 2014 at 4:01 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Tickets to Friday night's game was actually on the 200-level in right field just outside the foul pole, rows 1-3. Excellent seats.

Cardinal's Baseball Village is a very impressive facility. We sat at the 3rd floor bar and had a beer while looking at the Cardinals take BP. Food service at the Anheuser-Busch Brew House* was abysmal, but I'll give it a pass as they were only in their second week of opening and massive crowds. I'm sure they will iron out the kinks over the next few weeks. If I don't feel like getting tickets to a game, I'd have zero problems spending time here watching the game.

* - for extra laughs, ask for a Coors Light.

I didn't make it down to the game on Saturday.

My buddy didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on the Blues game, and I was able to find a guy on Craigslist selling tickets to a center-ice Penthouse Suite (400-level) for $30/each. No food/beverage service was included (which was fine because Saturday night took all of my drinking desires away--4-hour open bar at the Duck Room at Blueberry Hill ), but the suite attendant said we were welcome to any of the soft drinks left in the refrigerator. Excellent view of the ice, and the private bathroom (shared with the other 8 people in there) was fantastic.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Apr 14, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.