whats going on at ORD tonight???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Gold

8:00 pm, and the departure boards show about 2/3 of the flights delayed due to "awaiting inbound aircraft". Weather at ORD is fine...it's a zoo here!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:16 pm

Lots of "weather" to the East, perhaps
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA GS/3MM, DL Gold/Million Miler, AA Exec Plat/Million Miler, Emirates Gold
It was a zoo yesterday. The eastern seaboard was shut down. I was on an AA flight to DC and they cancelled the flight just before they were to pull away. I got a first class ticket on UA to DC, thinking that and my status would help me get to DC yesterday..no go. My 7 pm flight left at 2 am (!!) getting to DC at 5 am, but I jumped ship around 9 pm getting what seemed to be the last hotel room in Chicago. I tried getting on alternate flights - GS phone line had long hold times, so I exited security to get to the Global Services check in- but no luck. I got to DC flying out this am. I suspect what you are seeing is the aftermath from yesterday.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Weather around the various hubs looks ok but the northeast was a mess yesterday with WX and it extended back to CLE and even touched ORD so there were lots of cancelled flights and late flights that resulted in crews being beyond their service time and aircraft being in the wrong place so today's delays could be a result of yesterday's problems..or maybe $misek is just messing with you? Oh we were 3 hours late yesterday going LAS to EWR...left the gate one minute late and almost got to the runway before the ground hold hit us.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:24 pm

Im at IAD and storms just started.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have no idea how timely the FAA updates, but right now ORD is showing as green on their delay map....General arrival / departure delays of 15 minutes or less

East Coast (from DC up to NYC) is showing as delayed.

All the rest of the country is green.

I wouldn't think that would impact 2/3 of the flights out of ORD...

http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

Last edited by goodeats21; Jul 19, 2012 at 7:34 pm Reason: clarity and link to FAA map
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
There is/was a low cloud cover tonight in the Chicago-land area. Don't know the affect though.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:56 pm

As of now, there's two lines of thunderstorms the 1st from PHL heading southwest to DC (DC is getting hammered) and the other line from CLE southwest to IND. So plenty of reroutes and delays by Cleveland Center.

Airport operations at ORD have been smooth tonight.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
I came from DCA tonight. Went over a big storm the whole flight. I saw some flight paths from Washington to Chicago that had them going to Tennessee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.