Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

MSP Airport to Mall of America with 3 hr layover?

Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,

I have a 3 hr. layover at MSP this week. Wondering if there's train transportation to Mall of America, and with a 3 hr. layover how easy would it be to visit Mall of America. Appreciate any details and information I'd need to know. Thank you.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Extraordinarily easy. The LRT goes through both terminals and ends at Mall of America. 6-8 minutes. Check frequncy of service tho.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by jerry305
Extraordinarily easy. The LRT goes through both terminals and ends at Mall of America. 6-8 minutes. Check frequncy of service tho.
Thank you for your reply, I have an additonal question. Our continuing flight may depart from MSP Concourse F. When we return from Mall of America, we'll have to go through security again. What is the best way to get from the LRT at MSP to Concourse F, and where there may be minimal wait time at Security? Thank you.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
No idea on that. Good luck!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
It really seems to be a crap shoot on which lines have the least wait. If you will have carry on only, a great option is the "Skyway security line" there is almost never anyone there. There are signs for it near the area you will come in from the train.

Originally Posted by swdke
Thank you for your reply, I have an additonal question. Our continuing flight may depart from MSP Concourse F. When we return from Mall of America, we'll have to go through security again. What is the best way to get from the LRT at MSP to Concourse F, and where there may be minimal wait time at Security? Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.