Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cleveland Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Cleveland Hotels

Looking for a bit of general advice. My girlfriend is going to school in the Cleveland area (Case) and I'm looking for a hotel for fairly regular (bi-weekly) visits to see her.

I"m partial to the Ritz, as it's the best in Cleveland (not saying all that much), but even with benefits it still runs $250-$300 a night. I'd rather pay no more than $150. I have marginal status with Hyatt, but would also consider Marriotts as they earn me points in conjunction with Ritz-Carlton Rewards. SPG seems to have a tiny presence in the city, and I'm disposed against Hiltons if possible.

All I need is something in downtown Cleveland (approximately) that is a legitimate 4-star hotel with good sized, newly renovated rooms, ideally with a view of something other than an alley or parking lot. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
If your girlfriend is attending Case, you should look at the two Intercontinental properties at the Cleveland Clinic. Much closer to the campus than downtown and both very nice.

I have family just east of there and visit a few times a year. I often use my annual buy one-get one free weekend night from the Intercontinental Ambassador program at one of these properties. Sometimes I have been able to priceline my stays there around $100/night.

If you join IHG's Ambassador program you will have instant benefits for your stays and status for other priority club properties. Priority club point earning may not be the best program, but it is decent enough and there are often bonus opportunities. If your visits will be mostly weekends, there are also many flyertalkers who trade their BOGO certificates on the coupon connection -- with their standard rate around $200 your per night average would be closer to $100 if you have a BOGO cert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.