Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Chicago Approves 24/7 Liquor Sales at ORD & MDW

Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm sure this will be welcome in some quarters.

No matter how long you get stuck at O'Hare or Midway (provided the airline doesn't lose track of you) and no matter what time of day or night you're sitting in the gate area, at least there's one thing you can do unencumbered now: get wasted. Besides approving that third Wal-Mart, the City Council today also unanimously approved 24-hour liquor sales at the city's two airports as well as those alcohol-filled pushcarts. Previously, alcohol sales at airports were shut down between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. every day except for Sunday when it was shut down from 3 a.m. to 10 a.m. A Sunday morning flight without a Bloody Mary to ease our nerves? The horror. Anyway, if booze is your pre-flight stress reliever instead of Xanax, all 32 restaurants at O'Hare and 11 at Midway with liquor licenses now have the OK to stay open 24/7 to keep you drunk before you hit the sky because, hey, what could go wrong?
(via Chicagoist)
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is anything at ORD even open past 10 or 11 anymore?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
YEAH! Nothing like boozing it up at 5am before your flight. Thinking I wonder if anything will be open that early that serves anyways.

What are alcohol filled pushcarts? I feel the need to find one at ORD next time.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: Welfare
Originally Posted by davef139
What are alcohol filled pushcarts? I feel the need to find one at ORD next time.
I feel the need to buy one of those, put my GF in a bikini and just have her push it around the living room and make me drinks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.