Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by MKEflyer95
So nothing will ever be at C9 or C11? Is WN taking over the former AA gates in C?
As of now there is no plan to replace those jetbridges that I know of. WN may be giving more gates back to the airport next year.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by kannon99
Jet bridges from C9,11 have been moved over to D54/55
I wonder if AA will actually have five gates, then?
Two jetways from US (D52 & D56)
Two jetways moved over from C
D53 which they have been using.

Or was D53 just a temporary borrow like D30? They could definitely use a fifth gate in the morning with the current schedule, and it would be nice for them to have growth room. AA+US passenger counts have been growing very nicely at MKE.

So nothing will ever be at C9 or C11? Is WN taking over the former AA gates in C?
If anything I suspect WN might to go 8 gates instead of their current 10 with the lease period starting 1/1/2016. Unless UA moves to C I doubt there will be anybody in the stem of C. The airport can't really just throw in those gates to WN -- it's not fair to make airline A pay full price for every gate but throw in more gates for airline B because you want them to use them. And I'm sure WN won't lease more gates unless there's a compelling business need for them.

I've heard nothing about UA's plans. AC is actually no longer handled by United and operates out their own gate on E. They're handled by the same company who handles Frontier so it wouldn't be a huge surprise that if UA does vacate E for C or D that Air Canada moves into Frontier's space.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
The fact the airport physically moved the C9/11 jetways tells me WN has already told the airport they don't want the gates. Instead of letting them sit, they moved them to D.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:09 pm

Free Parking at MKE

Mitchell Airport is offering up to four hours of free parking with a minimum $10 purchase from its vendors. There is no expiration date mentioned, nor if offer is restricted to certain sections of airport parking.

Park Shop Dine @MKE! Get up to 4 hours free parking at MKE when you spend $10 at any of our great shops or eateries!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:58 pm

J.D. Power Airport Satisfaction Survey - North America

MKE landed in the middle of the pack for mid-sized airports in North America.

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...sfaction-study
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mke9499
Mitchell Airport is offering up to four hours of free parking with a minimum $10 purchase from its vendors. There is no expiration date mentioned, nor if offer is restricted to certain sections of airport parking.
They give you a voucher at the vendor, you need to go to a regular line (i couldn't get the voucher to work at a self service lane, much to the annoyance of the car behind me... I should mention that I was the ONLY car there and the rest of the lanes were open and empty!)

Other than those glitches, it worked just fine.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:28 pm

New airport director named at MKE

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...ctor-from.html

His first day at MKE is scheduled for 02/01/2016.

Bio: http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Ismael-Bonilla/1375382803

Last edited by mke9499; Dec 23, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:06 pm

Interesting new presentation on Mitchell...

http://www.mitchellairport.com/gmiaairserviceupdate/
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by knope2001

I get the point they're trying to make. But many of the "data" points they use to try and make ORD look like a bad option are just so ridiculous it really detracts from the pitch.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by knope2001

Thanks for sharing. There is definitely some interesting information included in the presentation.

Regarding the top 30 markets from Milwaukee, getting non-stop service to places like SNA, SAT, or MSY (resumption of dropped flights) is likely not realistic at all.

If I were the airport, I would be focused on getting Portland (Alaska), Salt Lake City (Delta), Nashville (Southwest), and Miami (American). Getting daily, seasonal service to SAN also seems like it could be within reach on Southwest - I'm actually surprised this is still Saturday only service.

I haven't been following developments at One Jet closely but perhaps they are an option for places like CMH, BNA, GRR, etc.

What really jumped out at me was that one million Milwaukee passengers fly internationally each year. That figure seems awfully high and I wonder how it was calculated, especially since not everyone used MKE for their travels. I'm assuming that a large percentage of these passengers were going to warm weather beach destinations?

I still believe that European service is not out of the question, but it will be on a carrier such as Aer Lingus, Iceland Air, or Norwegian. People are so conditioned to using ORD and MKE will always be at a disadvantage when it comes to frequency, destinations served, etc.

Time will tell I guess.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:07 am

Concourse E

Saw this in the MKE Business Journal. Found it interesting looks like E will be staying open.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...mitchells.html
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by blugoose
Saw this in the MKE Business Journal. Found it interesting looks like E will be staying open.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...mitchells.html
So if this happens, is United moving to C? What overseas destinations would we get? The only ones I can see coming are LHR, NRT, FRA, and CDG and that's really about it.

Last edited by MKEflyer95; Jan 5, 2016 at 6:56 am
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:17 pm

I dont think MKE will see any of the majors there since they are pretty well established at ORD. Maybe Norwegian, Condor, Ryanair once they start flying across the pond.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
So if this happens, is United moving to C? What overseas destinations would we get? The only ones I can see coming are LHR, NRT, FRA, and CDG and that's really about it.
Back to C?

It would almost make more sense for them to be in D with everyone else. WN may or may not be returning gates, and C9 no longer has a jet bridge.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:09 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blugoose
I dont think MKE will see any of the majors there since they are pretty well established at ORD. Maybe Norwegian, Condor, Ryanair once they start flying across the pond.
Agreed, IMHO if MKE gets any longhaul flying, it will be something like Norwegian, or maybe Icelandair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.