Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Wow! Soda just $1.76 at CVG Term 2!!!!

Old May 22, 2010, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade

What an unexpected delight to see 20oz bottles of soda at "just" $1.76 at CVG, terminal 2 past security near the UA/AA gates. Was getting inured to the $2.59 and up prices at most airports!

As a traveler who goes by Julia Child's example of always bringing their own food on board, no matter what class is being flown, it's nice to feel not totall ripped-off for EFAS (essential fluids after security).
Old May 23, 2010, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by peersteve
What an unexpected delight to see 20oz bottles of soda at "just" $1.76 at CVG, terminal 2 past security near the UA/AA gates. Was getting inured to the $2.59 and up prices at most airports!

As a traveler who goes by Julia Child's example of always bringing their own food on board, no matter what class is being flown, it's nice to feel not totall ripped-off for EFAS (essential fluids after security).
Maybe CVG requires its airport vendors to charge "street" pricing; that is, the same as they charge at their non-airport outlets.
Old May 26, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by peersteve
it's nice to feel not totall ripped-off for EFAS (essential fluids after security).
I assume you're being tongue-in-cheek when you call soda "essential".
Old May 29, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Maybe CVG requires its airport vendors to charge "street" pricing; that is, the same as they charge at their non-airport outlets.
That is a nice policy, I can never seem to get a meal at ORD for less than 15
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
It's hard for me to get excited about saving less than a dollar on an airport soda. However, I do like picking up someone's leftover newspaper for free.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.