upgrades and coffee stowage

Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

does midwest offer complimentary upgrades? There were several people arguing at lga this morning with the gate agent about 10 minutes to departure.

The fa also made an announcement to stow al coffees. Is this something new?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by heyblueoc
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

does midwest offer complimentary upgrades? There were several people arguing at lga this morning with the gate agent about 10 minutes to departure.
Unless you're booked in a one of the higher coach fare classes, upgrades are $35 for segments to/from LGA. Other than that, the only complementary upgrades are in circumstances where passengers who did not pay for an upgrade don't have an available seat in the 2x3 section. Generally:

--Passengers who book can pre-select a seat in the 2x3 section at booking. Once those fill up, subsequent passengers who book (and don't upgrade) don't get a seat assignment at booking.

--At check-in they get a security pass but must wait for seat assignment / boarding pass at the gate.

--Around the time boarding is about to start, seats are assigned to these passengers and boarding passes are printed. Any open seats in the 2x3 section are filled. If there are still passengers not assigned, they are placed in the 2x2 section without an upgrade fee.

Originally Posted by heyblueoc
[SIZE=1]The fa also made an announcement to stow al coffees. Is this something new?
I don't think it is any sort of new policy. Had an F/A include this in the annoucement several weeks ago, but not on either YX flight I took in the past five days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.