Using Midwest Miles on a KLM flight beyond AMS

Subscribe
Last summer I checked with Midwest about using miles on KLM (not Northworst...sorry) from LAX - AMS using 100,000 for a R/T World Business trip. I think there was a couple of flights around the 331 days in advance area. My question is; has ANYBODY ever been able to use 120,000 miles for a round trip ticket (using KLM only/World Bus.) to go past AMS onto further places such as Bombay or Cape Town? I personally think I will be wasting my time and Midwest's time for trying to look for one of these tickets...if they even exist. I will settle for just doing the direct LAX-AMS KLM flight and hope to sit in 1A one of these days.
So by the lack of response, I am starting to presume that nobody has ever been able to use 120,000 miles for a R/T World Business to "India/Africa/Middle East" on KLM?
The number of participants on this board is only a tiny fraction of all Midwest frequent flyers, and the award you're talking about is certainly an uncommon, comparably specialized one.

So I wouldn't take the lack of response to mean it is impossible, but rather than nobody here has probably even attempted it. If someone had, then you'd likely receive a reply saying so.

So...it's worth a shot. You might have zero luck, but I woudn't let the silence here stop you from trying.
Quote: The number of participants on this board is only a tiny fraction of all Midwest frequent flyers, and the award you're talking about is certainly an uncommon, comparably specialized one.

That's true. I am used to the United posts. I will try to book in May, and if it doesn't work, I will gladly settle for Amsterdam if I can.

Even without any miles, it was more than worth it to fly on Midwest between LA and Omaha where everyone was treated to first class.
Quote: That's true. I am used to the United posts. I will try to book in May, and if it doesn't work, I will gladly settle for Amsterdam if I can.

Even without any miles, it was more than worth it to fly on Midwest between LA and Omaha where everyone was treated to first class.
If you have the time, can you tell us how far you got with your 120k Midwest Miles on KLM? I am just curious.
Quote: If you have the time, can you tell us how far you got with your 120k Midwest Miles on KLM? I am just curious.
I will be booking the trip within the next month or two and I will be sure to update.
KLM LAX-AMS World Business
Quote: If you have the time, can you tell us how far you got with your 120k Midwest Miles on KLM? I am just curious.
I called Midwest Airlines and the lady who helped me out I give major ^ too.
She first checked LAX - DEL (Delhi). Yes (and no fault to her), it took over a half-hour. When she got back on the line, she had an itinerary that was longer than my planned one, not on the exact dates I wanted. LAX-Atlanta-JFK (or what ever airport in the North East).... and I'm not even out of my own country yet. I specified KLM only, but she found nothing. Then my heart dropped....I forgot to tell her World Business Class. When I apologized and told her, that I meant world business...and to just forget going all the way to Delhi and just try for Amsterdam, she had absolutely no problem with this! No sighs, no attitude. I will email Midwest and make sure they know what a great job she did.

Meanwhile, after an hour so far, she found one direct LAX-AMS flight with a return 8 days later. She then asked if I wanted to check to go further (within Europe). She found a flight connecting to Paris, but not on the way back. While I will always have the greatest respect for Midwest, a big to DELTA and their (IMO) useless mileage program.

Anyway, while I will probably try to make a change to later dates towards summer time, here is my current itinerary:

Monday, February 21, 2011 LAX – AMS 602 4:15pm – 11:30am
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 AMS – CDG 1233 12:30pm – 1:45pm
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 AMS – LAX 601 10:30am – 12:30pm

And of coarse, on the 747-combi I really want to gets seats 1A or 1K.^
Thanks very muchfor the follow up to let us know how it went. I have had nothing but good experiences people-wise when it comes to the FF help desk at Midwest. Was just talking with one the other day who helped me with a "choice" award (no standard seats available) and asked her about morale and about when they were moving to the hangar. She said that people were looking forward to increased stability and that it was challenging sometimes, but that they really liked working with their clientel. They're moving to the hangar soon, and said that the area they are going has a view of the runway, which she was looking forward to.
Appreciate the detailed update, mkrecek. ^
Trip Details
Quote: Thanks very muchfor the follow up to let us know how it went.
While I'm sure this thread is dead, I still forgot to give the fun details.
My Flight:
Monday, February 21, 2011 LAX – AMS 602 4:15pm – 11:30am 1A
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 AMS – CDG 1233 12:30pm – 1:45pm
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 AMS – LAX 601 10:30am – 12:30pm 1A

The bad news was that there was nothing I could have done to change my trip, since Frontier had no partnership with KLM (or I think even Delta for that matter), so unfortunately I would need to take the trip by myself. I enjoy flying by myself, but being in great places like Paris or Amsterdam on my own is a bummer. I had a lot of work to do and I really could not afford hotels/food for a week. (Again, KLM, Delta, Frontier could not do anything with my reservation, and I would have booked a shorter trip if I could.) To just give up 100,000 miles was too painful.

The Fun News: So I'm 1K with United and I had all these System Wides that were going to expire...and I didn't even get to use them! So here is a wild idea, why don't I just book a trip from CDG to LAX to AMS?

Wed, Feb 23 CDG-ORD-LAX UA Business SWU Instant
Sun, Feb 27 LAX-FRA-AMS Lufthansa Business SWU Paper upgrade on day of travel.

So now I am jet setting to Europe for a day two times in one week. I had absolutely no business doing this and I have told absolutely no one about it. But come on, there is no way in hell I was going to give up the KLM Trip.

The Trip:
With only my rolling computer bag with me I go up to the KLM ticket counter. Although they could have shortened the trip at the airport for a fee on the day of travel, with all the other cancelation fees, etc., it wasn't worth it, plus this was a pretty cool itinerary. I told them no worries, and without any check in luggage I went up to the Air France Lounge. After this I headed to the gate and onto the plane. My first time up at the front of a 747, seat 1A....holy cow! When going down the runway, it seemed that we were going to veer off into the grass, but I had to keep telling myself that the plane was strait, and it was my seat that was angled being at the nose. The service and food were great. The miniature porcelain Dutch house with a shot of jenever inside, were a great touch to a great flight. Made my way to Paris, walked all over, didn't sleep much (didn't sleep at all on the flight). Woke up the next day and headed back to CDG. Flew out on United in a terminal I haven't been to before. Pretty cool. Go up the escalator in a tube, then to the Red Carpet Club which had great finger food etc...better than any RCC in the US. Flew to ORD on a 767. The lie flat bed was superior to any business class recliner seat that I've sat in. The food was very good, but that was because the UA flight was out of Paris. My flight attendants were amazing...never an empty water glass. Getting back Wednesday night, while it should have been a bummer that this fun short trip was now over...who cares! I'm leaving again on Sunday! Sunday came (LAX-FRA-AMS), and I was told, when using the UA SW Paper upgrade on Lufthansa, get to the airport as soon as the ticket counter opens. It looked like Business was just about full, so probably not getting it. Cha-ching. 16A on Lufthansa 747. After taking off from LAX, the flight goes off to the left and back around. I could see where my apartment in Belmont Shore (Long Beach) was. (Every time around 3:30pm when I hear a jet fly distantly overhead, I get out my binocs, and sure enough it's that Lufthansa flight...a fun reminder of the trip!) The Luf business class seat was better than the KLM seat. Business was full and the flight attendants were very busy. Still a great experience and fun movies to be watched. Arrived at Amsterdam the next day, checked in and had a great time walking around. left the next morning (Tuesday morning) AMS - LAX KLM 747 seat 1A. The KLM lounge at AMS was huge, I wish I explored it more. The long day flight back to LAX was a lot of fun.

I need to post my comparison of Singapore, Lufthansa, KLM, and United Business class somewhere.