Wiki Posts
Search

YX Name to be gone by Fall 2010?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:34 am

Things are heating up at Frontier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpNLdEWgWHw
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by n735
Things are heating up at Frontier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpNLdEWgWHw
Lol - all that's left of Midwest is the cookie, and even they aren't warm all the time anymore.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by hazelrah
Lol - all that's left of Midwest is the cookie, and even they aren't warm all the time anymore.

Dude, lighten up and enjoy life.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, LH Senator, HH Plat, Priority Club Gold, UA RCC, Global Entry
That was great!!^^^
I think the best line was at the end:
"Someone who liked the taste of success - Not just cookies"

That really sums up the whole story for the lovers of YX.

This should have been one of those "Priceless" videos
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by n735
Dude, lighten up and enjoy life.
Back at ya', Dude
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:27 pm

Hilarious
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:44 pm

Funny....but If I'm a Frontier booster, I'm no so sure I'm flattered by having my leadership portrayed as Hitler.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by knope2001
Funny....but If I'm a Frontier booster, I'm no so sure I'm flattered by having my leadership portrayed as Hitler.
I was thinking the same thing, but I still ended up laughing at the video.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:58 am

More fuel for the fire

Some more hints may be emerging as to what Republic plans to name the branded operations, courtesy of some "Midwest" employees.

The newest E190 to enter the Republic fleet arrived in MKE last night from the paint shop. However, it is not painted in the traditional Midwest livery. Instead, it is an all white aircraft with blue engines and a blue tail. The Republic logo (circle and stars) is on the tail as well. No other name is included on the plane.

Sounds like it might be Republic, right? After all, the new plane looks a lot like the generic paint scheme they use. However, near the main cabin door is the wording "Operated by Republic." If the new name was going to be Republic, would they still need to have this disclaimer on the side of the aircraft? At first, I thought this might simply be a generic Republic aircraft that can be swapped between Midwest and Frontier. If that's the case, why not have the name on the side of the plane?

Could the new name be Frontier? The animals on the tail are decals and could be applied relatively quickly.

Perhaps it will be something else entirely. I guess we'll have to wait until April 13th.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
Some more hints may be emerging as to what Republic plans to name the branded operations, courtesy of some "Midwest" employees.

The newest E190 to enter the Republic fleet arrived in MKE last night from the paint shop. However, it is not painted in the traditional Midwest livery. Instead, it is an all white aircraft with blue engines and a blue tail. The Republic logo (circle and stars) is on the tail as well. No other name is included on the plane.

Sounds like it might be Republic, right? After all, the new plane looks a lot like the generic paint scheme they use. However, near the main cabin door is the wording "Operated by Republic." If the new name was going to be Republic, would they still need to have this disclaimer on the side of the aircraft? At first, I thought this might simply be a generic Republic aircraft that can be swapped between Midwest and Frontier. If that's the case, why not have the name on the side of the plane?

Could the new name be Frontier? The animals on the tail are decals and could be applied relatively quickly.

Perhaps it will be something else entirely. I guess we'll have to wait until April 13th.
Actually after looking through some pictures it appears all Republic aircraft in "house colors" have that decal near the main door. I don't know why as I agree it would seem redundant, but it sadly does not appear to give us a clue.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Delta Sky Miles
It has to have that sticker identifying the airline who operates the aircraft by rule. The generic 170's have it because the name on top of the fuselage is Republic Airways. Since Republic Airways is not an operating airline there needs to be something indicating who is doing the flying. Just like all the ones painted in Midwest colors.

I don't know about you but I think we might be seeing the last of those blue planes.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Toodles1980
Actually after looking through some pictures it appears all Republic aircraft in "house colors" have that decal near the main door. I don't know why as I agree it would seem redundant, but it sadly does not appear to give us a clue.
You're right about the "Operated by Republic" being on the generic aircraft, but I'm guessing those were not E190s. Unless scope restrictions have been relaxed at one of the legacy airlines, Republic only flies the E190 for Midwest/Frontier flights. Nevertheless, Republic may still have to disclose this fact even though they own both brands.

The plane does appear to be in the "house colors" of Republic. The only strange thing was that the "Republic" title was not on the aircraft at all. Perhaps there's a perfectly valid reason as to why this is (the plane did just come from the paint shop-is the Republic Airways name a decal???). The red and blue stripes are also missing.

Maybe I'm simply over-analyzing the situation.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
You're right about the "Operated by Republic" being on the generic aircraft, but I'm guessing those were not E190s. Unless scope restrictions have been relaxed at one of the legacy airlines, Republic only flies the E190 for Midwest/Frontier flights. Nevertheless, Republic may still have to disclose this fact even though they own both brands.

The plane does appear to be in the "house colors" of Republic. The only strange thing was that the "Republic" title was not on the aircraft at all. Perhaps there's a perfectly valid reason as to why this is (the plane did just come from the paint shop-is the Republic Airways name a decal???). The red and blue stripes are also missing.

Maybe I'm simply over-analyzing the situation.
No, I think you're right, I am just dumb and didn't think about the interchanging of the E170s and lack of need on that front for the 190s. It will be a sad day when/if the YX colors are gone.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:36 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Per the DOT "Operated by Republic" must be on every aircraft and in every announcement that is being worked for a codeshare. It doesn't matter if the codeshare is owned by the parent company or not. Republic Airways Holdings purchased Frontier and MidWest. Republic Airlines operates as Frontier and MidWest.

As far as i know they were wanting a generic airplane for our charter operation.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
I just saw a picture of the new E190 on airliners.net.... I just wonder if they are going to add the Republic decals and keep it a generic plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.