Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Midwest Airlines will not compensate unless flight is over 3 hours late.

Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond

Flew Midwest shortly after the New Year's holiday and had a mechanical delay of roughly 2 hours.

Sent them a note about this and asking why the family did not receive any meal vourchers, etc. Apparently, Midwest as indicated in this response will not provide any compensation, even if it is their fault,ie mechanical, unless the flight is delayed at least 3 hours.

Has not been my experience on other airlines I have flow.

Just thought I would save some folk's wasting time emailing or sending in a letter. Wish I had been aware of this in advance.

Dear Mr. Cupps:

Thank you for your e-mail. I regret that we were unable to respond to your concerns prior to today.

We are committed to providing our passengers with the best care in the air and on the ground. Obviously, we fell short of this when you traveled with us on January 2. I was sorry to hear that the check-in process at the Milwaukee airport seemed unorganized and inefficient. Please know that your feedback will be shared with our manager in Milwaukee for further internal review.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that our flight delay caused you and your family. Our records indicate that your flight departed 111 minutes behind schedule as a result of maintenance issues with the aircraft. In the process of operating scheduled service over many different route segments each day, an occasional mechanical malfunction, adverse weather or other interruptions to routine performance are unavoidable. This is a situation faced by all airlines, and as we might try, no air carrier can guarantee that all flights will depart or arrive on schedule.

According to our compensation guidelines, it is not typical for Midwest Airlines to compensate passengers when a flight is delayed less than three hours. I hope this explains why compensation or meal vouchers were not issued to you at the airport.

Helping you arrive at your destination on-time is our goal. We value your continued support and certainly hope your future travels with our airline are much more pleasant.

Sincerely,
Sara
Midwest Airlines
Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.