Wiki Posts
Search

New FF tier - Midwest Airlines Aspire

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

New FF tier - Midwest Airlines Aspire

http://www.midwestairlines.com/Midwe...es/Aspire.aspx

In addition to the Executive level, there's a new tier called Aspire which has somewhat lower requirements to obtain special status:

15,000 miles or 18 segments to quality (MME is 20k or 25 segments)

--25% bonus miles (MME is 50%)

--Once-per-year discount of 5,000 or 10,000 miles on any reward (same as MME)

--Dedicated check in and security, priority boarding, first 2 bags free, free DirectTV

I'm pleased to see this because it rewards relatively frequent travelers who are not the biggest road warriors but still travel often. And it helps people who have fluctuating travel still maintain loyalty even if they miss requalifyinig for MME status.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by knope2001
http://www.midwestairlines.com/Midwe...es/Aspire.aspx

In addition to the Executive level, there's a new tier called Aspire which has somewhat lower requirements to obtain special status:

15,000 miles or 18 segments to quality (MME is 20k or 25 segments)

--25% bonus miles (MME is 50%)

--Once-per-year discount of 5,000 or 10,000 miles on any reward (same as MME)

--Dedicated check in and security, priority boarding, first 2 bags free, free DirectTV

I'm pleased to see this because it rewards relatively frequent travelers who are not the biggest road warriors but still travel often. And it helps people who have fluctuating travel still maintain loyalty even if they miss requalifyinig for MME status.
Interesting. I wonder if this was, in a small way, an attempt to compete against AirTran's elite program? Does Frontier offer anything similar?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
This is most likely another step in creating a unified frequent flyer program. Frontier has Ascent and Summit levels which now match up very well to Aspire and Executive.

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...tier-levels.do

I wonder if they will bump executive up to 25k miles. Anyways, good to see them reward a larger group of their frequent flyers.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Interesting. I wonder if this was, in a small way, an attempt to compete against AirTran's elite program?
Could be, although to earn A+ status you need to earn 25 credits in a year, and normally that means 25 segments. MM Executive is also 25 credits or 20,000 miles. The new MM Aspire is lower, 18 credits or 15,000 miles.

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
This is most likely another step in creating a unified frequent flyer program. Frontier has Ascent and Summit levels which now match up very well to Aspire and Executive.

I wonder if they will bump executive up to 25k miles. Anyways, good to see them reward a larger group of their frequent flyers.
Midwest's thresholds for elite are still lower than Frontier's, and I'd like to see them stay that way, personally. Hopefully a lower tier doesn't overly dilute the benefits afforded to true frequent flyers like blucys with riff-raff like me who thinks my 42 segments in 2009 is a exceptional year.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Originally Posted by knope2001
Midwest's thresholds for elite are still lower than Frontier's, and I'd like to see them stay that way, personally. Hopefully a lower tier doesn't overly dilute the benefits afforded to true frequent flyers like blucys with riff-raff like me who thinks my 42 segments in 2009 is a exceptional year.
Ha...I am sure they have done the analysis to see what kind of dilution would occur. But I think they have an organization in place to make sure they cater to their super fliers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.