Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Enter Dubai if Israeli stamp in passport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enter Dubai if Israeli stamp in passport?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Question Enter Dubai if Israeli stamp in passport?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know definitivly if I will be allowed to enter the UAE if there is an Israeli stamp in my passport?

I'll be in TLV in a couple weeks and also have a trip to DXB this December.

Just wanted to know if I should change my DXB plans or get a new passport before then. Other options?

Thanks,
Gene
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I don't know definitively, but it wasn't a problem for me in 2005. There's a thread about this already, but I don't have time to search for it.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Never been there and don't know for sure but my colleagues tell me that in TLV they don't stamp your passport if you don't want them to just because of this reason. Either they stamp a piece of paper and you keep that as your proof or they just don't stamp you at all.

I'm sure plenty of folks will clear this up for you. Both of those are pretty common destinations.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:13 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue the discussion in the Middle East forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:16 am

Programs: United Milage Plus 1K. Lots of hotel Gold.
Absolutely, 100 percent no problem. Israeli companies do business in Dubai, and vice-versa. You'll find Dubai to be the exact opposite of what most red-state voters think Islamic territories are like.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by jello2594
Absolutely, 100 percent no problem. Israeli companies do business in Dubai, and vice-versa. You'll find Dubai to be the exact opposite of what most red-state voters think Islamic territories are like.
Not exactly. While they won't prevent your entry with an Israeli stamp - Israeli passport holders are not admitted.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:27 am

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

You should not have any problems. Israel has a special agreement with UAE. You can also find more info at US travel information website. don't know the link at this time, but will post once by my desktop.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I traveled to Dubai and Oman last year with an Israeli stamp in my U.S. passport. No problems at all.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 7:41 pm

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1064.html
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:43 am

As others have said you'll have no problem, this question pops up about once a month on several travel forums along with medication in Dubai.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DuckSoupforMe
Not exactly. While they won't prevent your entry with an Israeli stamp - Israeli passport holders are not admitted.
Some Israeli passport holders are admitted .... and even more are admitted when using something besides their Israeli passports. Generally, however, an Israeli stamp is not an issue at DXB that prevents entry; usuing an Israeli passport to enter the UAE would require special handling not generally applicable to most Israeli nationals.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 4:18 pm

I had no problem visiting Abu Dhabi and Dubai with my passport scattered with highly visible Israeli stamps. Though I was not able to get a visa to Oman about 2 years ago--maybe things could have changed since then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.