KWI Transfer

Old Apr 26, 2008, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
KWI Transfer

I am looking at a Gulf Air flight that arrives at KWI at 21:05 and I would need to connect to UA's KWI-IAD flight that departs at 23:45.

Is 2.5 hours enough time to transit? Does KWI have a transit counter so I do not have to collect my bag (i.e. can Gulf Air check my bag all the way through), re-check in, etc? I wouldn't want to get stuck in KWI for a night...

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 2:17 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
A few points:

- GF are often delayed on evening departures
- KWI is easy to transfer, as it is one level terminal
- If things go wrong.. then check if your nationality is ok for visa on arrival, to exit the terminal and sort things out landside..
Old Apr 27, 2008, 4:42 am

KWI small and easy to transfer - short walking distances - but if you're changing airlines then wouldn't you have to go through immigration, buy a visa, pick up your baggage from the Gulf Air flight and then go up to Departures to check-in again for your UA flight?

There are a couple of transit counters in the departures/transit areas of KWI which should be able to help, but I wouldn't put too much faith in their customer service...
Old Apr 27, 2008, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
- GF are often delayed on evening departures

Would QR be a better bet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.