Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Need advice travel through Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

I am going to be flying into Dubai through one of the American Airlines, and I need to transit in Dubai to catch a flight to Karachi.. I was thinking of going through Airblue to Karachi. How much time should I allocate coming into Dubai and then flying into KArachi. What should be the minimum transit time?

What about flying back (from Karachi -> Dubai -> US)

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:15 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk rogerbhai !

This is not a Budget Travel kind of a question, and we do have a dedicated Middle East forum with lots of discussion about Dubai.

In light of that I'm moving the thread there, so the experts will hopefully help you out.

EmailKid
Budget Travel Moderator
Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:18 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I think you can complete transit for these airlines in the same terminal without having to clear immigration, provided you can check your luggage through. Your best option is to contact Air Blue and ask which carriers they have interline agreement with.

If not possible, and you have to handle as two seperate bookings, then I'd suggest you allow 4 hours. Of course, if your inbound flight is late, then there is not much you can do to save your connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.