Cash vs Plastic in Israel

Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
I'm now thinking of getting 600 NIS. I figure this will cover the sherut from TLV to Jerusalem and other cash expenses over a three-week stay, with more cash easily available if necessary.

I have four days in Jerusalem, followed by two weeks of business in Petah Tiqva, then another week on my own before my return. A visit to Jericho and a friend in Mitzpe Yeriho and a trip up to Rosh Hanikra look appealing. On the off-chance that the weather isn't too brutal I might take a trip to the Negev.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:44 am

The sherut from TLV to Jerusalem seems to cost 64NIS - http://www.neshertours.co.il/en/taxis-from-ben-gurion

You can probably buy some stuff at the market(s) with the rest of the cash
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajGoes
Actually I'm near the bus terminal just inside the Damascus gate. I guess this is where I'd get buses to the West Bank if I were heading that way. I imagine this could make me one of the last to be dropped off. Any ideas how long a sherut will take from TLV? Would I be better off switching to some other mode of transport at the main bus station?
If you dont have much luggage and are told you will be the last drop, you can pay less sheks and be dropped at The Main Bus Station (not the one you mention in East Jerusalem) and then take the Light Rail Either way theres no vehicle entry thru The Damascus Gate its foot traffic only and a bunch of steps from the road to the gate
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by craz
If you dont have much luggage and are told you will be the last drop, you can pay less sheks and be dropped at The Main Bus Station (not the one you mention in East Jerusalem) and then take the Light Rail Either way theres no vehicle entry thru The Damascus Gate its foot traffic only and a bunch of steps from the road to the gate
Thanks. I'll have to see how alert I am but the light rail sounds like a great option. I'll try to remember to pick up a Rav Kav card at the bus station, too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.