Wiki Posts
Search

Kuwait City or Muscat ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Kuwait City or Muscat ?

Due to the Qatar "issue" I need to re-route to AUH with a 1-night stopover in either KWI or MCT.
Is there a clear choice between the two?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
If you fancy a beer or a glass of wine with dinner MCT is the way to go.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Can you not stay longer in Oman ? Highly recommended. And yes, KWI is best avoided unless you collect 'interesting' travel 'experiences'
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sharp5flat9
Oman...Highly recommended.
What's to recommend?
I have from 5pm to 12noon the following day.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:37 am

Beautiful country, friendly & welcoming people, relaxed vibe. It's everything that Dubai isn't Not a budget destination though and Muscat is quite spread out. Choose a hotel on this basis as taxis aren't cheap.

Depending on the time of year, it'll be dark by 6/7pm. In the morning I'd head to Muttrah and wander around the corniche, souk, etc. Ask your driver to go up into the hills a bit, if you have time and budget, for some awesome views.

How soon, and which day of the week, will you be there ?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:06 am

I'd go via Kuwait, just because you are probably never going to go there on holiday. Do an evening drive along the Corniche, watch the crazy drivers, go up the Kuwait towers....
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Due to the Qatar "issue" I need to re-route to AUH with a 1-night stopover in either KWI or MCT.
Is there a clear choice between the two?
Hi LukeO9,

I think Muscat would be the best choice.

Check out Copacabana or the Rock Bottom Cafe in Muscat for the biggest parties and best DJs.

You can also enjoy a live music in Marina Hotel Muttrah.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies.
Eventually the decision came down to airline timings, where MCT won out.
Having been warned about the taxi fares and not being able to check my luggage through, I chose the Remas Hotel.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:53 pm

I would have recommended the Holiday Inn close to the airport (al Seeb). I've stayed there a number of times and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The bell boy once gave me a ride to the airport in his own car when they couldn't rustle up a taxi !
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sharp5flat9
I would have recommended the Holiday Inn close to the airport (al Seeb). I've stayed there a number of times and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The bell boy once gave me a ride to the airport in his own car when they couldn't rustle up a taxi !
Almost went with that Hotel, but the Remas is not that much further out, half the cost, with free airport transfer.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Almost went with that Hotel, but the Remas is not that much further out, half the cost, with free airport transfer.
Then it is good deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.