Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beirut... seeking insight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Yes I am a US citizen and thanks for the advice about which line to queue up in.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
sweetsleep, as mentioned, if you are a citizen of the US or EU (and several other countries I am not aware of), you need not pay for a visa on arrival. Just make sure you fill out your landing card (handed out on the plane) and that you stand in the line marked "foreigners" when you arrive at immigration. The visa is basically the Lebanese Immigration Entry stamp (nothing fancy) with the duration of stay (usually one month) hand written above it. As for the journey back, I have seen those plastic wrapping devices at the airport (in use and not in use) at various times throughout the day. I am sure they are being used now more than ever. I really don't know what the specifics are concerning cameras (body vs. lenses) but I do know that your laptop, ipad or anything bigger than your mobile phone has to go into your bag. For more specific information, please check directly with the airline (just to be on the safe side).

As for places to visit, there is a lot to see and do in and around Beirut. If you do have the time, visit Byblos and Harissa (to the North). I would even venture a visit to Tripoli if you're feeling up to it. Jetta grotto is also worth a visit (to the North). A visit South towards Saida can always be fun (visiting the old souks and the soap museum). Otherwise, a visit to the National Museum in Beirut and the old Roman baths in downtown are well worth your time. Sursouk Museum (in the Ashrafieh/Sursouk area of Beirut) is also worth a visit. Both Museums are free of charge.

I am sure your friend will have a few things lined up for you. If not, don't be afraid to go on your own (with a tour guide that is - Nakhal are the best to be honest, or you may opt to book a cab and driver for the day through Allo Taxi).

Enjoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.