Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

International Connection in TLV with Lebanon Immigration Stamp?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am looking at flying ADD-TLV-SFO and being in TLV only for the connection of a few hours. ADD-TLV is on ET while TLV-SFO is on UA. A few months ago I visited Beirut and have an immigration stamp from Lebanon. Will I have an issue transiting through TLV?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:06 am

It shouldn't be a problem, I would just make sure you have enough time between the flights in case you might get some extensive security questioning.
There is no limit on even entering Israel with a Lebanese stamp in your passport...

I do wonder why though? TLV is a rather unusual airport to connect in.

Last edited by Ditto; Dec 26, 2016 at 2:25 am
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ah, thanks. I thought there was a prohibiton of entering Israel with a Lebanese stamp.

Why? I was looking at a UA award ticket and that was one option that was presented.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Israel does not deny entry based on where you've been, though as posted you may have a bit more security questioning than usual.

The concern here, if this were on one trip, would be with the Lebanese authorities. If they know a person plans to enter Israel, even for a short connection, they may deny entry. It would be best, in that situation, to have the return flights on a separate ticket and not to discuss the return itinerary with them. Since your Lebanese stamps are from an earlier trip, this won't be an issue in your case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.