Search

Transfer visa Cairo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Transfer visa Cairo

Hey guys,

I will fly AMS-IST-CAI on TK and then CAI-DXB-BKK on EK, TK and EK don't have an interline agreement so I want pickup my checked in baggage at the baggage line and check it in again at the EK desks.
But this means that I have to go through immigration at CAI and that I need a visa.

I read on a CIBT visa website (http://visumcentrale.nl/requirements) that I don't need to buy a visa because I will be transferring to another flight if I meet the following requirements (i'm Dutch btw) :

Visa exempt for a stay of up to 12 hours The traveller must:
- Hold a passport valid at least six months beyond period of stay with one blank visa page
- Hold proof of onward/return flights
- Hold all documents required for the next destination
- Confirm with their airline that boarding will be permitted without a visa
- Hold a visa for the next country where it is required
- Stay within the airport

Can somebody share his or her experience with the TWOV at Cairo?

Best,

Granite64
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Granite64
Can somebody share his or her experience with the TWOV at Cairo?

While many quote similar stories, and Wikipedia supports the idea, I've never known anyone who's done it. And the website of the EG consulate in London suggests a visa is required if leaving the international area (which I take to mean airside).

http://www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/FAQ.php#17
Transit visa

No transit visa is required if you do not leave the international area at the airport, whilst you are waiting between two flights.

There's nothing to stop you asking at the transit desk when you arrive, but be prepared to hand over $25 for a visa.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There's nothing to stop you asking at the transit desk when you arrive, but be prepared to hand over $25 for a visa.
So I asked. And was politely sent to the bank to buy a visa...

Shuly
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by shuly
So I asked. And was politely sent to the bank to buy a visa...

Shuly
Thanks for getting back with a report - and (perhaps!) putting to rest the story of the free transit visa for entry into Egypt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.