Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Will I make it on time to my excursion in Dubai?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:26 am
Original Poster

I am flying from Delhi to Dubai with my flight arriving at 1:00 p.m. I have an excursion pick up from my hotel (Coral Dubai Deira Hotel) at 3:40 p.m. Would I be able to make it in time for the pick up at my hotel, or is it cutting too close?

I'm flying business class and will be using Emirates' chauffeur service if it makes a difference in terms of how quickly I can get out of the airport.

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Don't know whether your service includes getting you through the airport immigration/customs in a very fast track, but you might want to investigate Marhaba

http://www.marhabaservices.com/

We used the bronze service despite having fast track due to our business class tickets, and we were the only ones in our private immigration line. Hard to beat that for speed.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
You will make it quite easily.

Immigration won't be an issue at that time + you are traveling in business so you get the fast track card (tip: if you see the non fast track queues being empty, just go there and hang onto the card for a future trip).

The hotel is really close to the airport (around 5 kms away) and with transportation fixed, that won't take much time at all (<20 mins based on traffic - can even be done in 10 mins if traffic is not bad).

The only variable factor is how long it takes for luggage to come. Being business, it will have priority tags so should also come earlier.

Worst case estimates:
Flight arrives: 13:10 (Flightaware shows an average arrival time of 13:08)
Runway to gate taxi: 13:15
Deplane & onto arrivals concourse: 13:20
Walk from gates to immigration:
A gate (also need to take a train): 15 mins
B gate (no trains, only walking): 10 mins
C gate (terminal 1, might be a long walk): 15 mins
Reach immigration: 13:35
Clear immigration: 13:40
Reach baggage claim & get luggage: 14:10
Walk to Emirates Chauffeur dispatch: 14:20
Reach hotel: 14:40

Gives you one whole hour to check-in and freshen up. If you hustle from the gate to immigration, it can shave off a few minutes easily. I'm also being really pessimistic on the time for luggage - it normally takes 10-15 minutes but feels like an eternity.

The above times are quite conservative given that DXB is dead at that time of day. I have made it from landing to home (25 minute drive) in 55 minutes (landed at 21:30 and the event was starting at 22:30), and normally never takes me more than 30 minutes from aircraft to the arrivals hall (excluding luggage / duty free shopping & using e-gate).

Ro

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.