Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Airport to Hotel with family/luggage transportation options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Mileage Plus, OneWorld, Qatar Airways Privilage Club

Hello All,

We will be travelling to India late October ORD-DXB-HYD with a 3 day stopover in Dubai on the way to India. It will be my wife and I and 2 kids, age 4 and 20 months. We will most likely have 6 suitcases, a backpack, purse, diaper bag, and a stroller with us that we'll need to transport to the hotel from DXB. The question is do I prebook a private taxi from DXB to the hotel or get a public taxi? What option is cheaper and least stressful? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:32 pm

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport last year. They have a free shuttle bus from airport arrivals that runs every 1/2 hour. You can walk from the hotel to the Metro station (10 minutes) to travel into the city. Nothing that fancy, but it is nicer than the Holiday Inn Express brand in the USA. Great breakfast is included.

Last edited by drseagrass; Sep 24, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
A public taxi will be cheaper than the hotel airport transport. Not sure on the current status of Uber or Careem but they could be another option. With the amount of luggage and everything, you will likely need two vehicles or one very large vehicle.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Taxis would be best. No stress at all - there are proper metered taxis at arrivals (plenty of them at night) and will at most cost you $30-$35 each way (if you go all the way to Dubai Marina/ JBR). I'm fairly certain that everything will fit in the Toyota Innova's they use. If the dispatcher sends you to one of the black taxis, you can request him to for a normal one instead (the black taxis are "limousine taxis" and have a higher fare).

Since you're only in Dubai for three days, it might be worth looking into the option of storing your luggage at the airport. After you clear customs and enter the arrivals hall, the luggage services office will be on your left (just after all the hotel kiosks).

Enjoy your trip!

Ro

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.