Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Do i need 6 month passport validity to visit DXB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,

We are traveling to Dubai in late October and my daughter's passport expires in mid-April and would only have 5.5 months of validity. Would EK deny us boarding or do i need to renew her passport before then?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Depends which country you're a national of. For UK nationals 3 months validity required. http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...d0ed52b95360db
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Depends which country you're she's a national of.
Fixed.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
US passport, UK resident. Does this mean we need 3 months validity since our stay will be less than 3 months?

Document Validity:
Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date.

Passports and/or passport replacing documents issued to visitors NOT entering via Abu Dhabi (AUH) for a stay not exceeding 3 months, must be valid for a minimum of 3 months from the arrival date.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by XCstud
US passport, UK resident. Does this mean we need 3 months validity since our stay will be less than 3 months?

Document Validity:
Passports and other documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date.

Passports and/or passport replacing documents issued to visitors NOT entering via Abu Dhabi (AUH) for a stay not exceeding 3 months, must be valid for a minimum of 3 months from the arrival date.
That's my interpretation
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:43 am

If I were you; I would renew her passport....you have enough time till October....just for sure.

You will have to renew her passport anyway....
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:15 am

That's my interpretation
That is mine as well.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by m3red
That is mine as well.
+1
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
That's my interpretation
That's how I read it too - it's 3 months, unless you're entering the UAE via Abu Dhabi (AUH), in which case it's 6 months.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
You could also check on Timatic, to see what that says, which is probably what the airline will say too.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by drewguy
You could also check on Timatic, to see what that says, which is probably what the airline will say too.
I believe the cut and paste above is from Timatic - it's exactly what I got by using Timatic.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If possible, I'd renew the passport in advance to avoid possible trouble from airline staff. Being allowed to board the flight caan be more difficult than admission to the country. Otherwise she'll need to renew the passport shortly after returning anyway.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by XCstud
We are traveling to Dubai in late October and my daughter's passport expires in mid-April and would only have 5.5 months of validity. Would EK deny us boarding or do i need to renew her passport before then?
Just have her renew the passport. Why take the chance of getting turned away in Dubai?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by Statman
Just have her renew the passport. Why take the chance of getting turned away in Dubai?
The risk is also not being allowed to board the flight TO DXB, depending on your departure point. In many countries, the airlines are required to enforce the 6-months validity requirement and won't board you for your outbound flight if you don't meet it for your return. Not fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.