Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai: Ramada vs Park Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Already booked three free nights at Ramada Downtown Dubai in a 2 BR suit with burj and fountain view. After reading these reports of PH and being a diamond member, almost ready to jump ship. First time dubai visit, can anybody enlighten me which one should I choose? getting $200 at PH and a confirmed DSU.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by lovetofly4mchicago
Already booked three free nights at Ramada Downtown Dubai in a 2 BR suit with burj and fountain view. After reading these reports of PH and being a diamond member, almost ready to jump ship. First time dubai visit, can anybody enlighten me which one should I choose? getting $200 at PH and a confirmed DSU.
What do you appreciate in a hotel? Being "in the middle of the action," AKA "Downtown," or having a tranquil retreat? Do you like looking out of your window and seeing greenery and blue water, or a tall building? Are free nights more important than any of the above? Only you can decide.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
What do you appreciate in a hotel? Being "in the middle of the action," AKA "Downtown," or having a tranquil retreat? Do you like looking out of your window and seeing greenery and blue water, or a tall building? Are free nights more important than any of the above? Only you can decide.
I love both Hawaii and New York. So my liking is what is best suited for that place. I read ramada downtown is also excellent- not sure about service and all. If experiencing the best of what DUBAI has to offer and if paying out of pocket is not a problem, then which one is preferable?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:28 pm

I love both Hawaii and New York. So my liking is what is best suited for that place. I read ramada downtown is also excellent- not sure about service and all. If experiencing the best of what DUBAI has to offer and if paying out of pocket is not a problem, then which one is preferable?
Spent four nights at PH. Never been to Ramada. But after touring Dubai for three full days, I will never stay downtown if I can avoid it. But, I live in Hawaii.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
Spent four nights at PH. Never been to Ramada. But after touring Dubai for three full days, I will never stay downtown if I can avoid it. But, I live in Hawaii.
I am confused.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:10 pm

I am confused.
Sorry. I am done here.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

I don't know the Ramada Dubai. I don't respect it as a brand in the US so haven't looked at it elsewhere. I have stayed at the Park Hyatt and know it to be a very high end property. I looked at their respective rankings on TripAdvisor.

Park Hyatt - 8 of 534 hotels in Dubai
Ramada Dubai Downtown - 65 of 534 hotels in Dubai

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 14, 2016 at 11:11 am Reason: updated to correct Ramada
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:38 am

Ramada is a budget option vs PH being one of the most established 5* offerings - even better lately under new GM.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Ramada Downtown

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I don't know the Ramada Dubai. I don't respect it as a brand in the US so haven't looked at it elsewhere. I have stayed at the Park Hyatt and know it to be a very high end property. I looked at their respective rankings on TripAdvisor.

Park Hyatt - 8 of 534 hotels in Dubai
Ramada Dubai - 154 of 534 hotels in Dubai
No, it's not. It's 65th. Anyway, I understand it's PH forum. So don't want to continue discussing about ramada here.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
Ramada is a budget option vs PH being one of the most established 5* offerings - even better lately under new GM.
I am sure you are mixing it some other ramada in Dubai. Ramada downtown is not at all a budget option with comparable prices with PH.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:46 am
Suspended

I am sure you are mixing it some other ramada in Dubai. Ramada downtown is not at all a budget option with comparable prices with PH.
LOL you're the one who is mixed up.

I just looked up a room for Ramada Dubai August 12-14. Rate comes up as $66 + a whopping $15 in taxes. How is that not a budget option?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TMM1982
LOL you're the one who is mixed up.

I just looked up a room for Ramada Dubai August 12-14. Rate comes up as $66 + a whopping $15 in taxes. How is that not a budget option?
Check for Ramada Downtown Dubai. Not only Ramada Dubai.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:16 am
Suspended

Check for Ramada Downtown Dubai. Not only Ramada Dubai.
Ah okay but even that one is still fairly cheap at 160-190 a night.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:30 am

Aside from the rates discussion, it's the old question: City hotel or resort for a first timer in DXB. Neither Ramada nor Ramada Downtown are resorts, so I'd go for Park Hyatt. And really, where in this world can you have such a dashing resort for such a great price. Excellent value.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
Aside from the rates discussion, it's the old question: City hotel or resort for a first timer in DXB. Neither Ramada nor Ramada Downtown are resorts, so I'd go for Park Hyatt. And really, where in this world can you have such a dashing resort for such a great price. Excellent value.
This I completely agree with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.