Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

cheap biz airlines to fly to TLV (holy land tour)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cheap biz airlines to fly to TLV (holy land tour)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

If i do choose Swiss air , which shows an 18 hour layover, will a business class allow you complimentary transit hotel or a place inside the lounge to sleep in? especially if the flight from tlv to zurich arrive 715pm (nothing to do outside that time to roam around to tour)
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by futtfy
If i do choose Swiss air , which shows an 18 hour layover, will a business class allow you complimentary transit hotel or a place inside the lounge to sleep in? especially if the flight from tlv to zurich arrive 715pm (nothing to do outside that time to roam around to tour)
From what I remember the lounges arent open 24/7. Not sure what time the ZRH-LAX departs, but LX has 2x daily from TLV 4am and 4pm, so I would think that the 4am would allow you to make the ZRH-LAX

Lately Ive been taking the 4pm and overnighting it (never got a free hotel room, but then never asked) I usually stayed at the Radisson Blu which is a 5 min walk after exiting the arrivals area.Its now 70k in pts but I believe getting the Club Carlson CC gets you 80K. Theres a Park Inn for 44k but you need to wait and take their shuttle to/from.

Nothing like simply walking across the street and you're there thats why I stay at the Blu. Hilton has a place a 10 min free shuttle away as well

Been to the city numerous times so when Im overnighting it I no longer run in, its nice but nothing really to see
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:27 am
Original Poster

When you mean 70k or points, is that miles? if i pay in $, would it be costly to stay in a motel and tour around at night? or not worthit?

thanks

also, is swiss better than turkish biz if your with someone you want to talk to throughout the flights... dissappointed sieeing 2-3-2 config on turkish....
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by futtfy
When you mean 70k or points, is that miles? if i pay in $, would it be costly to stay in a motel and tour around at night? or not worthit?

thanks

also, is swiss better than turkish biz if your with someone you want to talk to throughout the flights... dissappointed sieeing 2-3-2 config on turkish....

70k = 70,000 Club Carlson pts per night, the Park Inn free shuttle needed is 44k.Never stayed at the PI as the convience of simply walking across the street and bingo Im at the check-in counters was worth the extra pts. If I was paying with money, personally Id stay at the cheapest place with a free shuttle service. But ZRH is from from being on the cheap, so its always been using the different hotel pts for me.

The Rad Blu is the only hotel on the airport grounds and is across the street from when you exit arrivals. You can either enter the building across the street and find teh passage way on the left which gets you to an escalator and take it up right into the lobby.Or walk along the building outside and straight into the lobby,Ive done both. Free luggage carts at ZRH as well

I havent flown TK for yrs and doesnt look like I will be for many a yr to come, its a personal choice and I cant explain why since I will be banned from the forum or given another vacation if I do, or FT although if I post my reasons.

As for LX I dont know what aircraft they will use to/from LAX , Ive been on their 330 & 340 where Biz is either 1 or 2 seats together alternating, so you can chose a 2 seater combo on the sides or in the middle. At 6'2" I have to have the footwell open on the side of the aisle otherwise I cant get comfortable, seat guru shows you which seats are open to the aisle and which arent by looking for a solid thick line = not open to the aisle. LX seats are sort of narrow and hard, some love them some dont

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.