Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai with a three month old.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.

Hi,
I have searched here but I couldn't find what I am looking for.
We are visiting for a week at the start of January, myself, Mrs Mickv and Miss Mickv. Miss Mickv will just have turned 3 months old.
We are staying down at the walk.
What would you suggest for a week there. I have never seen outside of the airport so open to suggestions.
Many thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Other than some hard partying or sporting activities, 3 month old babies can join in most Dubai activities as they are portable, easy to feed if breastfeeding and don't need that much stimulation yet.

Bring your stroller and/or baby carrier and enjoy the nice weather by spending time outdoors: the "walk" itself, long running/walking path down Jumeirah beach (has F&B too), aquarium in Dubai Mall, go up to the top of Burj Khalifa, Miracle Flower Garden exhibit if it's going on, watch the Dubai Marathon (Jan 22), horse racing at Meydan (Jan 1 & 16), water park, beach, bus tour. You can also do a day trip to Abu Dhabi (SZ Mosque, Ferrari World) or even Doha if you want to check out the Islamic art museum.

If you or the Mrs are into shopping, January also happens to be the Dubai Shopping Festival so all the malls have specials during that time.

I suppose your nights will be limited beyond dinner, but Dubai is quite baby/kid friendly, even in restaurants, so you should be fine.

Taxis are generally plentiful and Uber/Careem are also great options to get around.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Jan is a great time for spending unlimited time outside, so make the most of that. Dubai (and the UAE in general) has something for everybody, so decide that what you actually like to do rather than just ticking boxes. Your hotel is in 'new' Dubai with very little in the way of history or culture, so you might like to head north towards the creek and check out the more traditional areas.

Are you bringing a baby seat ? Taxis don't carry them. The metro is busy at most times, esp rush hour, and has relatively few seats, but it's cheap, fast, frequent and actually very user friendly.

You could rent a car and take a day trip out into the desert and mountains, or up to Abu Dhabi.

The trip advisor Dubai forum is very friendly and many of your questions will have been answered before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.