Search

Egypt visa latest

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:22 am
hsk
Original Poster

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Egypt visa latest

What's the latest on Egypt visa on arrival? For Canadian. There was word of it being scrapped but uk embassy is saying it's still VoA. Office travel says visa isn't VoA. Anyone have firsthand experience know how?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
i'm a US citizen, arrived 11/1 and purchased VoA. I assume Canada is the same these days but not sure. If you're arriving to Cairo just make sure you pay for your visa at the bank windows you'll see just prior to going over to the customs line...we waited a while in customs only to find out we had to go back and buy them.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
I'm assuming it's cash only, or is CC an option? Current cost for US citizen?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Cash only - $25 and they prefer it to be in USD rather than EGP. Not sure how they feel about Canadian dollars but our tour guides asked us (too late, we were already in country) to pay in USD if we had them. General sense of insecurity in the EGP it seems like with inflation.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:20 am

The booths will take almost any currency as a lot of them are currency exchangers too. It is easier to pay in either USD, £, and € as the rates for those are set, but they will exchange with no problem also.

Last edited by industry_killer; Nov 17, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Cool, thanks. I always pay visa fees in usd except when requested otherwise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.