Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

1 night in Dubai, need late checkout and plan to see Burj Al Arab

Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

I'm staying 4 nights in Dubai area in early March 2016, but have decided to stay at Al Maha the 2nd and 3rd nights. When I come back, the 4th night will be at IC Festival City. But I haven't figured out where to stay the first night I'm in town. The flight lands at 7:30 pm, and after baggage claim, customs/immigration, transportation, I figure I'll arrive at the hotel at 9:00 or later. The following afternoon, I'm heading to Al Maha in the desert.

I really want late checkout because I'd like to see the Burj Al Arab, either with breakfast at Sahn Eddar or afternoon tea at one of the other establishments. If I do the breakfast, I can just go back to the hotel afterward and then check-out in time. If I do afternoon tea, I'll likely need to have the hotel hold my luggage after I check out, then come back for my bags before catching my ride to Al Maha. On a side note, Sahn Eddar is in the lobby. Will I be allowed to take an elevator up if I only have reservations here?

Ideally, I would stay in a hotel in the IHG chain. Since i'm going to Burj Al Arab the following day, proximity to Burj Al Arab would be nice. It would also be nice if the hotel had a decent bar/lounge/club, or at least be very close to one. I'm thinking of the new IC Dubai Marina or CP Dubai near downtown.

Finally, what's the best way to go to Al Maha from Dubai? Taxi? Shuttle? Thanks

Last edited by DaveInLA; Oct 5, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.