Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Connecting in DXB - UA to SQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat

I am traveling thru IAD-DXB-SIN next month. I am planning to arrive on a UA flight that lands at 7:20 PM, and connect to SQ flight that leaves at 8:00PM. This is officially not a legal connection time. I have no checked bags (hand baggage only). Can I make the connection? Do I need to go thru security/passport control? I believe both flights are in T1.

Should I take the risk and book the ticket (will have to book as two separate tickets)?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:27 pm

I think you would have to go through security. I have never connected in DXB T1, but when you arrive it normally leads you either to baggage re-claim or through security for connecting flights. I don't think it is realistic to make the SQ flight. I am not sure when they normally close boarding for SQ flights out of DXB, but lets say it is 20 min prior departure, it leaves you with less than 20 min to reach the gate. If you check the arrival time of UA976 for the past week you will see that some of the flights have arrive slightly delayed. Even 10 - 15 min delay would make you miss your SQ flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.