Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any Dubai Hotels with kids club suitable for 18 month old?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Dubai Hotels with kids club suitable for 18 month old?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2015, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Question Any Dubai Hotels with kids club suitable for 18 month old?

Title says it all really. Hoping to get the collective knowledge of the forum.

We are travelling to Dubai early next year with an 18 month old and are looking for a hotel with a kids nursery/activity club that caters for toddlers that young. Looking around a lot of the kids clubs seem to start from 3/4 years old and upwards.
We know that a Nanny is an option but our daughter loves being around other children and would have much more fun in that sort of setting.

Any insight into the options would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I know Jumeirah Beach starts at 2 but not sure I've seen any that start younger than that. Hopefully someone else can chime in with somewhere that does!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chgo2AD
I know Jumeirah Beach starts at 2 but not sure I've seen any that start younger than that. Hopefully someone else can chime in with somewhere that does!
Thanks Chgo2AD. I'll have a look at the Jumeriah Group Resorts to see if they are all 2 and up. The Fairmont Palm seems to accept kids from 18 months so that is prime candidate at the minute provided the rest of the hotel is suitable.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hugoagogo
Thanks Chgo2AD. I'll have a look at the Jumeriah Group Resorts to see if they are all 2 and up. The Fairmont Palm seems to accept kids from 18 months so that is prime candidate at the minute provided the rest of the hotel is suitable.
Good to know, thanks! Best of luck to you on your search. I haven't stayed at the Fairmont Palm but have heard great things.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan*E
We've been looking for the same thing for our 13 month old. Grand Hyatt seems to accept them as young as a year.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Just to follow up on this. We stayed at The Fairmont Palm and had a thoroughly lovely time.
We got upgraded to their Signature King Suite (we were already booked into a 1 bedroom suite) which had a balcony that was probably bigger than the suite itself.

The Falcon Kids club was great, the staff went out of their way to make sure my daughter was having fun. They also gave her food and changed her if required. The only slight negative was that on most days there weren't many other children in the club as it was a quiet week at the hotel. I suspect the extra fee for using it was also a factor.

The general hotel facilities were excellent. There are 2 separate pool complexes, one for families and one for adults. Both areas had a lot of staff who were willing to set up cabanas and sun beds in any formation you required.
The restaurants onsite were very pleasant, good food and excellent waiting staff. They are relatively expensive if you are staying room only as we were. I suspect the majority of residents were on package deals.

The location is probably a slight downside, being on The Palm meant any trips elsewhere required a taxi. There were limited options within walking distance and there was a lot of construction work happening around the hotel which meant any pedestrian walkways that did exist were closed off.

Overall I would definitely recommend the hotel, especially to families with younger toddlers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.