Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

5 days in Dubai-Park Hyatt or Raffles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex, AA, BA, Delta, True Blue, Hyatt, Fairmont, Marriott, HH, IHG

My wife and I on vacation trip, tourist sightseeing. Never been to this part of the world, so is 5 days about right, or should we take a day or 2 side trip to maybe Oman?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:12 am

Both hotels are very nice, really think it comes down to location. The Park Hyatt is located on the creek side, towards the airport and, is located next to Dubai Creek golf club. You definitely wouldn't feel like you are staying in the middle of the city at this hotel as the area is very green. The Raffles is located next to a big mall and close to Downtown Dubai with Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. So boils down to whether you want the big city feeling or want to feel like you are outside the city without actually being much further away. Hope it make sense. For sightseeing, I believe 5 days should be more than enough. I think 3 days should be sufficient to see the major sights in Dubai and the remaining two days could be used on a day trip to Abu Dhabi or Oman (Musandam area).
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The Park Hyatt is a fantastic choice - you won't feel like you're in the middle of Dubai which can be nice for some quiet down time and relaxing at the pool. If the point of your trip is purely to see the sights, then you'll be a bit aways and will require a 20 minute or so cab ride. Raffles is in the heart of the city but you won't get the lush green setting that you'll get from the Park Hyatt, so really depends on how you like to vacation. For a day trip or even overnight, I would suggest Abu Dhabi. The Grand Mosque is beautiful and would be a shame to miss it. Could pair it up with a hotel on the beach for the night.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:35 am

I wouldn't suggest any of those two. Both are towards the airport. I recommend something more central, like around Dubai Mall or if you are more beach type in Jumeirah Beach. Recommended hotel around Dubai Mall are The Address, Murooj Rotana, Armani hotel and in Jumeirah Beach I would recommend Sofitel, Amwaj Rotana, Hilton or Grosvenor.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:25 am

Unless the OP wants to be at the Mall of Emirates or something specifically in Marina area, PH/Raffles is closer to the most common attractions compared to Jumeirah Beach.

OP: I have not stayed at Raffles but I am familiar with PH. It is an excellent hotel and highly recommended. The two are less than 2km apart so there is little to separate them based on location.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
I've never stayed at the Raffles, but I love the the PH and find its creek-side location a quiet sanctuary amid the hustle and bustle of the city. FWIW, I think doing Dubai and Muscat might be a bit ambitious for a 5-day trip, but certainly a 1-day Musandam excursion wouldn't be too taxing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.