Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Will be in Israel & Jordan for 11 days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

5 of us first time visiting Israel and Jordan, we would love to have a car with an english speaking driver in both two countries. We need good advise please help us! thanks

Liang
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:41 pm

How many days will you be in Israel? What are your interests - religion (which?), history & archaeology, nature & hiking, pubs & clubs, etc?
In general, you do not need a car and driver when in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv because of traffic & parking problems; taxis and public transport in these cities are inexpensive and efficient. You should hire a guide for a day or two to take you around the Old City in Jerusalem.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by Liang Zhang
5 of us first time visiting Israel and Jordan, we would love to have a car with an english speaking driver in both two countries. We need good advise please help us! thanks

Liang
How many days in both countries? do you fly from one to another? or the crossing by car?

If you are comfortable driving yourself i would suggest that; in both countries this is EASY to do. for big city not needed.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Contact Ariel Gabay:

http://tourwithariel.weebly.com/

I have used him all over Israel and have recommended him to a number of people who have been very happy. I'm not sure he can also do Jordan, but ask. If he can't do Jordan he may have a recommendation. Tell him you got his name from Mark from Detroit - the only thing I get is good karma.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

I have contact him already, but found him not answered reliable! do you have other options?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

total 11 days, arrive in Tel Aviv on Oct 09 and leave from Tel Aviv also on oct 19th. If any one can recommend a driver (guide) would be great!

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Liang Zhang
I have contact him already, but found him not answered reliable! do you have other options?
He sometimes handles Birthright tours, or other contracted tours, that may delay his response. I would try again before I give up.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:48 am

If you go to the Israel Forum on Trip Advisor you will find it much more active then here. There are also loads of guides who are named and recommended. There is a top question that explains how to find and hire a guide. Many times people on Trip Advisor recommend that people come to Flyer Talk to get answers. Flyer Talk is best for some things and Trip Advisor is best for others. In this case, Flyer Talk is not best for you.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

thank you! I will try Trip advisor then!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer
We set up drivers through the hotels that we stayed at in the region. They were very well equipped to do that. We also rented a car for a couple of days through the Four Seasons in Amman. They actually delivered the rental car to the hotel and picked it up again when we were done. I would imagine most hotels could do the same. You will have fun touring those areas. Very memorable.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Gilad Suffrin guided my wife and my cousin.. He helped arrange for a rental car and he drove and guided. He is retired Israeli Police Force. He knows a lot of people and is a fantastic guide.
http://www.israelprivatetourguide.co...ur-guides.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.