Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hand Written Passport (US Green Card Holder)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

I am travelling from Houston, Texas to London on British Air and then flying to Dubai via British Air (after 5 day stay in London). I am flying on-wards from Dubai to Karachi on Emirates. The time difference between my arrival and departure from Dubai airport is 3 hours. I was denied Dubai Visitor visa since i have a hand written Pakistani (don't have the Machine Readable Passport and i don't have time to get one now). I called British air if they will have any issue boarding me since i should not require a visa for air side transit. British air said that they won't have issue unless the Dubai immigration in London pauses an issue. I called UAE embassy in Washington and got an answer that it should not be an issue since i am not going inside Dubai. Anyone has any similar experiences. Just don't want any hassle... Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You should not encounter any immigration authorities in your DXB transfer. So no worries.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Hand Written Pakistani Passport - Urgent

Originally Posted by stimpy
You should not encounter any immigration authorities in your DXB transfer. So no worries.
thanks so much stimpy, My only worry is that i have two different tickets BA from LHR to DXB and EK from DXB to KHI.. You don't think i would have any issue boarding BA from LHR since i have separate tickets. Also, does the Dubai immigration perform any checks in LHR?

When i talked to BA they said that they don't have any issues unless Dubai immigration raises any issue.

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by bigbdtexas; Jun 25, 2015 at 6:45 am
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by bigbdtexas
thanks so much stimpy, My only worry is that i have two different tickets BA from LHR to DXB and EK from DXB to KHI.. You don't think BA would create any issues? Thanks so much for your help!
BA has the ability to verify the validity of your EK ticket, so you should be fine in that respect too. Maybe it would be best to OLCI your EK flight to your mobile phone while at LHR. A BP is even better evidence.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
But if checked luggage is part of the picture, expect a problem of some sort.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
But if checked luggage is part of the picture, expect a problem of some sort.
For sure. BA will almost definitely NOT check your bag through to EK at DXB when you check in in Houston. BA will only send your bag to DXB, and you need to go through immigration to collect it. You then have a big problem, and 3 hours might not be enough to solve it.

If you have hand luggage only, you should check in online, and print out your Emirate Boarding pass, and then you shouldn't have a problem.

As British Airways have correctly stated, they won't have a problem with you boarding the plane to DXB if you can show an onward ticket. Your problem with be bags if you have them. BA have a very generous hand baggage allowance of 23kg (1 roller bag + 1 laptop bag), although these are very rarely checked.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...age-allowances

I think EK is stricter, but they can always check you bag at the gate in DXB.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:17 am

For the Dubai transit with luggage, which sounds like it may be the likeliest problem area, speak to Marhaba Services. From their website:

Our transfer service with baggage identification is ideal if you are unable to clear immigration and re-check your baggage
http://www.marhabaservices.com/home/search#transfer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.