Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Easyjet TLV, checked in no baggage. Can I go straight to T3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

do the interview right near the security screening T3?
Old May 2, 2015, 9:48 pm

I believe that the check-in and security for all EasyJet flights is in Terminal 1 ,not 3. Check with the airline.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mbgg
I believe that the check-in and security for all EasyJet flights is in Terminal 1 ,not 3. Check with the airline.
I usually see a couple of EasyJet planes parked at T3 gates when Im arriving into TLV. Since I usually pull into the C Gates Id say they were at the B Gates
Old May 3, 2015, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
No baggage?

Head straight to T3 security and you can do the "hand bag only" security interview all the way on the right, just to the left of the Business Class security line
Old May 3, 2015, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
No baggage?

Head straight to T3 security and you can do the "hand bag only" security interview all the way on the right, just to the left of the Business Class security line
Good advice... IF the flight departs from Terminal 3. If not, they will probably send you to T1, which involves waiting for the shuttle. That is why you should first check with the airline before deciding what to do.

EasyJet flights ARRIVE at T3 so of course you will see them parked there.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:34 am

http://www.iaa.gov.il/en-US/airports...s/EasyJet.aspx
Old May 4, 2015, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Good advice... IF the flight departs from Terminal 3. If not, they will probably send you to T1, which involves waiting for the shuttle. That is why you should first check with the airline before deciding what to do.

Seems like a waste of time. There are multiple reports of people doing this on FT alone, and no issues.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:04 am

To clarify, I sincerely hope that you can go directly to Terminal 3, but in cases like this you should not rely on advice given on a travel forum (not even from me ). Only the airline can tell you if it is possible.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:40 am
Suspended

To clarify, I sincerely hope that you can go directly to Terminal 3, but in cases like this you should not rely on advice given on a travel forum (not even from me ). Only the airline can tell you if it is possible.
Seems like its no different then the set up @ FCO (Rome) where flights to the US or TLV have their checkin @ T5 and then are bused over to T3(?) where they remain airside. Even when I was flying with just a carry-on I was told I needed to go thru the security process @ T5 as well

Seems @ TLV all flights arrive at T3 (just like FCO) but for Departures although the plane itself will depart from T3 you must checkin @ T1 and then be bused over to T3. Makes sense with all the LCCs now flying in,T3 would be a pure madhouse (like its not already)

Now not too many yrs ago all there was was T1, so why cant the planes arrive and depart from there.Yes I know T1 never had actual gates and we were bused out to the planes parked on the field in the parking area. But C&I were present @ T1 so why not simply restart it again. Problem maybe is that all transportation is set up by T3, so by arriving @ T1 if you arent being p/u youd have to schelp all your bags onto a shuttle bus, but then isnt that what everyone not being dropped off has to do in order to checkin @ T1
Old May 4, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
There are only domestic flights taking off from terminal 1.
All international passengers are bussed to terminal 3 and board from terminal 3!
Old May 5, 2015, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
There are only domestic flights taking off from terminal 1.
All international passengers are bussed to terminal 3 and board from terminal 3!
Nobody disagrees with that! I assume that the passengers are bussed directly to the Terminal 3 downstairs departure lounge. The question is what will happen when he shows up in the upstairs departure hall with an EasyJet ticket: will they let him through or send him to Terminal 1 (because he is not supposed to be there, he is missing a document /sticker issued in Terminal 1, etc) ?
Old May 5, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Seems like a waste of time. There are multiple reports of people doing this on FT alone, and no issues.
Josh is correct.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: *A
I have done this myself. As long as you have a borading pass, you will get thorugh security. All int'l pax depart from T3. U2 pax check in at T1 (due to the lower airport fees) but then are bused to T3 where they can enjoy the food and shopping there (bringing in cash for IAI).
Just to clarify Josh's directions, OP needs to go straight through the check-in area at T3 until the hand luggage security (i.e. the first food court). On the right, there is a small desk from where OP will be asked the security q's. There is normally at most a very short line.
Safe travels.
Old May 7, 2015, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
I confirm it was no problem for my guest. Direct to T3. First time in TLV not necessarily a low security risk profile.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:24 pm

Thanks for the update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.